Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... there is this cat that sits by my car here at work almost everyday. Well today as i walked to get our mail i saw him laying beside a different car i hadnt seen him for a while until today and he looks soo sad. He is a very pretty cat, its orange with green eyes. He is very skinny and his left ear is partially chewed up, so he is obviously a stray. Who can i call that will pick up cats and find him a good home??? Please help i cant stop thinking about it!!!
it just breaks my heart to see this lil guy wondering around this industrial area.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If you go to http://www.petfinder.com/, on the top you will find "shelter and rescue groups". Click on it to find groups in your area.

It can be hard to find a small, no-kill group to take an adult cat because there are so many and space is limited. The fact that this cat is a stray makes it harder, too. And a chewed up ear makes him less adoptable.

In our area, Animal Control is the only shelter that will actually pick up a stray. That's not the best place for him to go, obviously, because they usually only keep them 5 days and them euthanize them if they are not claimed.

But give it a try. I convinced a group to take a lovely young cat whose owners had moved away without him. I called every group and was told they had no space, but finally convinced one group to take him. Now, the situation was different. "Elliot" was living on my deck, young, handsome, a real sweetheart. I raved about him and they finally gave in! I had to take him to hteir vet to be tested and health checked first.

Guess what? He was adopted at their first adoptathon!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I have the same situation. There is a cute cute cat that is a stray but hangs around our apartment. we cant take him in, but we feed him and provide basic care such as vet check and preventatives. we cant take him because i am allergic / deathly/ to cats and paris does not do well with cats.

here's the dillema, we are MOVING away! What will he do once we move? Hubby thought of taking him with us to the new apartments, but what if he doesnt adjust well?

If I had a house I would take him and put him in the yard or something-

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much! ill give it a try and ill keep my fingers crossed! i just hate to see him like this everyday, i think ill bring in some food tomorrow for him.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Sep 13 2005, 05:27 PM
I have the same situation.  There is a cute cute cat that is a stray but hangs around our apartment.  we cant take him in, but we feed him and provide basic care such as vet check and preventatives.  we cant take him because i am allergic / deathly/ to cats and paris does not do well with cats. 

here's the dillema, we are MOVING away!  What will he do once we move? Hubby thought of taking him with us to the new apartments, but what if he doesnt adjust well? 

If I had a house I would take him and put him in the yard or something- 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99293
[/QUOTE]

i to live in a apartment so i couldnt bring him and my husband isnt to thrilled with cats. But i think ill bring him some food, just to make his day alittle better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts