Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today has been a crazy day. We have a few Chihuahuas as many of you know. We have 4 that are mostly outside dogs not by our choice but theirs. They love it outside. We live in the city with a very secure Privacy fence and have never had issues with them getting out.

We fed the dogs at 3pm and everyone was there. At about 5:30 my mom went outside and Chewy and Hershey were gone. Two of the fence planks from our neighbors fence got knocked clean off. I dont know how like I said this is a very secure fence. I went to the neighbor who wasnt that friendly but she let me check in her yard to see if they were over there. She claimed that our 3 lb chihuahuas must have knowcked it down. I was very pleasant with her but she was no help.

After searching the neighborhood high and low a few people claimed to have seen them in a certain area. One man a few houses down said he saw them and they came up to him and he knew they were ares and he pets them but he thought we just let them play outside so he didnt think anything of it. I'm sorry but we dont let our dogs play in the street DUH?? So we came home made signs and posted them everywhere.

Please be thinking of us and maybe we will get a call tomorrow.
I will let you guys know what happens

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Msloke@Nov 8 2005, 10:45 PM
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I hope someone calls and is keeping them safe for you.  Were they microchipped or had collars?  Will be sending good thoughts for their safe homecoming your way. 
Keep us posted.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118161
[/QUOTE]

I had given everyone baths this morning and they just air dry so the collars had not been put back on them. I feel so bad!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oh my God, i am so sorry. I will be praying for them to be allright and i hope you get them back soon.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I'm so sorry. I hope thing work out OK and that you get your babies back really soon!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Praying they make it home safely.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Do you think they were stolen, Sarah? Chihuahuas are so popular now because of Paris and Britney.

Besides the signs, be sure and contact all the vets in your area to be on the lookout for them. Put an ad in the newspaper (weekend paper is best) and check with Animal Control every day.

I hope you find them.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, how horrible ... I sure hope you find them. Be sure your signs and sturdy and have really large print and can easily be read by passersby. Include a large photo if you can. I've seens signs for lost pets and the writing is so small and the signs sometimes curve inward from the weight of the paper and they can't even be read.

I pray for their safe return.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank GOD!!!

I just got a call form a lady who picked them up. She took them to the nearest vet but they didnt know them because we dont go there. Hershey is a little on the skinny side and since he is so small she said he went a little hypoglycemic. She said he just stumbled across the road. thank goodness she knew what to do she fed him Karo and he is doing much better. SHe fell in love with them. She is at work and gets off at 3:00 so we will meet her and pick up our babies. THanks for the support and thoughts I was getting really worried.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Oh, wonderful news Sarah!
That was so scary! There is a 2 lb chihuahua missing in our town - They have a $1000.00 reward out for him but he's been missing since before halloween night. I can't even imagine if Abbey came up missing! I'd be a basket case!!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
My goodness Sarah I am sooo glad you found them. What do you think happen to the fence ? I doubt a 3 lbs chihuahua knocked it down.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
That lady did the right thing, so many people would have kept them.It is nice to know there are honest people who care about the welfare of others.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, what great news!!! If they're not microchipped, I highly recommend your doing it, especially with them being outdoor dogs... anything can happen, unfortunately. I am just thrilled that all is well!!!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
YEAH!!!! So glad that they are safe.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts