Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Abella has a pedigree of lots of champions. When I got her she had tan in her ears and a little on her body. Her breeder told me she could not be a show dog because of this. The tan didn't matter to me. She is now 8 years old and still has a little tan on the under side of her ears (not very noticeable). Looking back I realize I would have never gotten my sweet Abella if she was pure white - she would be spending her days in a show rink somewhere. To me she is beautiful! But I agree if this is something that really bothers you it will interfere with the bonding between you and your pup and isn't fair to either of you. What I don't understand is if you are not showing your maltese why is this a such an issue? I know for me personally once I had possession of a puppy I don't think I could ever part with it...... I guess this is why its so important to check out the goods before you adopt. I am hoping you have wisdom to make the best decision for both you and your fluff. Whatever you decide you are always welcome here. Hugs.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts