Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Favorite Brush:
Does anyone else have a "Love Hate" relationship with their Madan brushes?
I absolutely LOVE these brushes but HATE how they are made! Why can't they fix the handle so it doesn't break? Is this done on purpose so you will keep reordering? I'm thinking I need to buy these by the case and buy stock in the company! So frustrating!

My Christensen brushes (wood handles) don't have this problem.

IMG_4575.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Omgosh...I’ve just nicknamed you BRUISER, LOL!
How in the world do you snap the handles like that, yikes!
I love my madden brushes and never had an issue 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,906 Posts
I also have not had an issue, sure you are not using them for batting practice? :)

Reactions: maddysmom

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Omgosh...I’ve just nicknamed you BRUISER, LOL!
How in the world do you snap the handles like that, yikes!
I love my madden brushes and never had an issue 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oh my gosh Joanne. You have three fluffs in show coat and have NEVER broken the handle of a Madan brush....not even one. Now I feel so guilty!
Honest I would never ever cause my precious Abella any pain while brushing her.

:cry:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Oh my gosh Joanne. You have three fluffs in show coat and have NEVER broken the handle of a Madan brush....not even one. Now I feel so guilty!
Honest I would never ever cause my precious Abella any pain while brushing her.

First off my girls are far from show coats. They look more like they just been rescued. Secondly, I’m reporting you to Department of Doggie services because you must be beating that fluff of yours, poor Abella, to break the handles like you do. I would burn the evidence if I were you and rehome her to me.

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have not had an issue, sure you are not using them for batting practice? :)
Walter,
Sadly, your humor isn't making me feel any better.
Thinking maybe I need to learn a new wrist technique.

Can anybody out there in SM land come to my rescue? Thinking maybe I'm in for an unpleasant intervention.

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fjrst off my girls are far from show coats. They look more like they just been rescued. Secondly, I’m reporting you to Department of Doggie services because you must be beating that fluff of yours, poor Abella, to break the handles like you do. I would burn the evidence if I were you and rehome her to me. View attachment 275517
Joanne - When I was a kid living in Italy my mom did break many a brush on my little bottom - I was a very very stubborn kid! Back in the late 40's early 50's it wasn't considered child abuse like it is today. Then it was just old fashion discipline.

If I can't be Abellas mommy I can't think of a better mommy for her than you!
I better get researching how to delete this post - and start collecting firewood to make a fire to burn all evidence!
Hugs

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
And one other thought...maybe wrap those brushes with some hockey tape to keep them stronée
Joanne - When I was a kid living in Italy my mom did break many a brush on my little bottom - I was a very very stubborn kid! Back in the late 40's early 50's it wasn't considered child abuse like it is today. Then it was just old fashion discipline.

If I can't be Abellas mommy I can't think of a better mommy for her than you!
I better get researching how to delete this post - and start collecting firewood to make a fire to burn all evidence!
Hugs
We didn’t get the brush but the belt! To think that was ok back then. Now the kids threaten to call 911 if their cell phones are taken away 🤦🏻‍♀️Anyway...Bruiser...try being gentle for once and see how that goes. I have to assume that instead of gently brushing through the tangles, your tugging too hard and snapping.
I think they tape hockey sticks so they don’t break...maybe try that 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,906 Posts
The only things I can think of is either there is something about how they are being stored or you are putting too much heat on the handle when you are blow drying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts