Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought Lucky over to the emergency room. About once a month or so, he will have a night or two in which he does not sleep, but instead he will pace. He will be perfectly fine the next day. I always figured it to be a bit of stomach discomfort. The last two night have been sleepless. Today he was walking a bit slowly and not really wanting to play, so I called the vet and they gave me an appointment for Sun. This evening Lucky started to hide on me, which he has never done before. We went to play ball and instead of hopping to get it, he just walked over. This evening, he sat on my lap and fell asleep, then I felt my lap very wet - he was drooling a lot. I just took him to the emergency room. He has been eating and drinking. In fact tonight he was extra hungry tonight. Pooped last night and has peed today. I do not think he got into anything. I really do not have anything for him to get into. I brushed his teeth today and no flinching, so I don't think it is a tooth issue. No diarrhea, no pain to touch, lethargic, drooling and hiding. When I brought him in he just laid there, normally he would be going crazy.

The doctor has been called in and they are doing blood work and xrays. I am absolutely beside myself. I am so stressed, I actually gave myself a charley horse. Lucky is never sick. I can actually hear my heart palpitate.

·
Premium Member
24,150 Posts
I just want you to know you made the right decision to take him to the vet, so many times we wait to long, I would like to say a prayer for Lucky

Heavenly Father, thank you for being here, Lord you ask us to bring all our needs to you, be with this precious little dog Lucky, you know how much he means to his family. Lord give the vet wisdom in finding out what is causing Lucky problem. Lord I'm asking for your touch on this little guy. Calm his daddy, may he relax and know your peace.Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

I'll be watching for a update, I just know he will be ok, hugs to you

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Please keep us posted as to what, if anything was determined as far as Luck's health is concerned. Sure hope that is it nothing and hope that tomorrow he will be feeling much better.

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
I'm sorry Lucky is not feeling well, Walter...I hope he is feeling better, soon..poor little guy..keep us posted...

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
:sLo_grouphug3:
Oh Walter I can feel the worry in your post. Praying for your little boy and you. It's so hard when we can't just ask them what hurts. We're all here for you.

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Walter, you did the right thing by taking him to the vet. I will say some prayers that he will be okay. I know what it is like when our fluff babies are not feeling well and we don't know why. It is nerve wracking.

Please keep us updated. We all more than care.

·
Premium Member
15,980 Posts
Oh I'm really sorry to hear about Lucky. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers. Praying that it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Walter, you did the right thing taking him in to the vet immediately. Praying they can find out what is wrong right away. Please keep us posted!!

·
Premium Member
24,012 Posts
Walter - I just saw this and let out a gasp when I read the title. I'm so glad you got Lucky to the vet. You know Lucky better than anyone and can pick up on things other haven't. Heck, you're better than most vets when I was reading all the list of things you checked on him. Any chance at all that the heat got to him? Just wondering since it seemed to have suddenly gotten so much hotter. Maybe heat exhaustion? Did they take his temp? Praying for your boy and yes, you are such an amazing dad. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Is the weather suddenly hot? A change in the weather can send a sensitive little guy off. I hope...no I know...Lucky will be fine. But until you KNOW that he is okay...all I can do is send hugs to both of you.:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 326 Posts