Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found the perfect picture for Luck' urn: 20190825_172750_1566828808292.jpg

Paula also sent a memorial stone:
20190826_100953_1566828879769.jpg

In the Spring, I will create a memorial area in the yard with the stone surrounded by white flowers.

·
Premium Member
17,396 Posts
Bittersweet! I love both of these photos, Walter. It just still seems so unreal. P
Paula got it just right "Daddy's Boy"--- my heart still aches for this loss for you, and for us.
I know you will do a beautiful job of making his final resting spot w/the memorial stone a place of tranquility, and beauty. Our chimes in the back garden are blowing up a storm today & it makes me remember all of our little ones whom we have loved so dearly. We have lost a few this year. I think more than usual.
Let us know how you are as it takes time to realize how empty some of the spots are, that were once so warm & filled w/fun times together.
Blessings to you, dear Walter.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sandi,

There are good moments and bad. I am off work today, and I find the house so empty. There are times that I forget he is gone, like at night when I turn over, I still look over to make sure he is not in my path. I have spent a lot of time with Jamie; she loves to lay on top of me and be petted. Judy also had some small dogs she was taking care of, and I found a lot of joy just playing fetch with them. One of the dogs, a small poodle mix and Jamie came over, and it was like a tornado whirling by me. Jamie headed to where Luck's food dish was to check it out and Mitzi headed for Luck's toy box and pulled a bunch of toys out to play toss with.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Oh Walter, that is the perfect picture for the urn and the stone Paula got you is beautiful. I have my eyes tearing up again. I guess it's a reminder how quickly things can happen and to treasure every moment we have. It's so scary

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
Awww, brought tears to my eyes. I have Sissy's urn in my bedroom with a precious picture of her. It used to make me cry but now it makes me smile. Time does heal a broken heart.

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
It's the perfect picture, Walter. He looks so peaceful resting in it and I love the stone Paula sent. It's all so perfect for Lucky.
I hope your doing okay.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It really is perfect, Walter. Isn’t it the weirdest feeling when you see a dog play with Lucks toys? It’s beautiful and bittersweet. Every so often I notice my husband will put up one of Bella’s toys so the boys can’t have it. He means no harm, he just loved her so much that he’s still protecting her in a way. She was our baby. We never got to hold our own children (since they went straight to be with God) but we got to hold Bella for 5 1/2 beautiful years. I pray a Wilson or Cooper will come in to your life the way these boys did for us. We owe them so much. They brought that much needed energy back in to our home. I think of you often. Big hugs.

·
Premium Member
24,146 Posts
Walter you found the perfect picture for little Lucky's urn, he looks so at peace in that picture, just like he is now.
I know how you are feeling, it hurts so deeply, I think it's even worse then saying goodbye to a loved family member.
I long for the day when you get another little boy, I remember when Geneva came into my life and heart, it became easier to look forward to getting up in the mornings, soon I found myself with a smile on my face and I could laugh at the girls playing, I know without a doubt God sent Geneva, I waited so long, now I know why, my Geneva wasn't ready for me, God knew all that ahead
I just know God has that special little gift for you, can't wait to meet him :wub:
The memorial stone will bring a smile to your face one day, just like my Matilda's stone brings to Lorin and I
Praying for you dear friend :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,012 Posts
Daddy's boy indeed. I love the photo you selected. He's at peace and handsome as ever. Such a perfect reminder of the sweetness that was Luck! And the memorial stone is perfect. I know you'll arrange a beautiful area on your property to remember Luck and reflect on the very good things in life.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Walter, Lucky's urn and picture are perfect. Yesterday was windy here in Northern CA and my wind chimes were blowing away......as they played there melodious tune i thought of Lucky running and playing with his other SM buddies & new found friends! I am looking forward to seeing pictures next spring of your beautiful white garden created in Lucky's honor. :Flowers 2:

"Life is good - Life with a Maltese is better!"

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
What a beautiful memorial to lucky. Every time you look at it, you will be reminded of how much Lucky loved you and you loved him. My heart still hurts for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ay Walter, I get so sad when I see these posts. Everything makes me cry lately, but I'm sorry. Those are beautiful pictures.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I love his picture..he looks so peaceful.
I know what you mean about wanting to keep those toys back for a while..I felt the same way about Amy's toys when she passed,worried Emily and Sasha would shred them..
I let them play with them,once they were older..

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Walter the picture you choose is indeed perfect! Reading this post and the comments brings me to tears in both happiness and sadness. Lucky was truly lucky to be loved by you and so many here. We are all lucky to have you as a part of our lives and that you shared Lucky and his love with all of us.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beautiful picture of Lucky, I am so sorry for your loss.
Even though I did not post on the board for a very long
time I did read it all the time. It broke my heart when you
posted that he had died. He was a Daddy's Boy for sure and
was loved so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts