Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Lucy attended a holiday party at the

954 views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  uniquelovdolce 
#1 · (Edited)
retirement home.

I thought I'd share, with you, Lucy's favorite couple at the nursing home.

But first, here's Barron, I had to take him to the park before we left - for some reason, Barron's not fond of the retirement home, I don't make him go. He saw lots of buddies today!

View attachment 92336

Here's Lupa in my car - what messy hair! I did brush it before going to the party, I don't undertsand how it becomes so messy -
View attachment 92337

Here's Bea and Allen (not married, they met at the retirement home)
View attachment 92338

A better picture of Bea and Allen

View attachment 92342

Look at all those cookies! They are being made for familes in need, and will be ready for them on Christmas Eve - - -this lady (Nancy) has made and baked them all herself . . .
View attachment 92339

Another couple (married) Jo and Frank :)
View attachment 92340

Lupa on her way home, her hair is a mess again!
View attachment 92341

We're off to some friends' house -

G'night . . .

See less See more
#18 ·
Great pictures of Barron and his friends. What a great picture of Lucy, she just decided that she wanted a different type of hair do. :) I really enjoyed seeing Lucy's favorite people at the retirement home. Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures.
LMAO, Lucy's hair is so full of static all day yesterday - that all I could really do was smile! Perhaps it was the blankie in her car seat - whatever the cause - it was :w00t: - even my husband remarked about it!

Those pics warm my heart. Thank you so much for sharing.

Now, I want a cookie!!
Deb, I have to tell you - Nancy didn't allow a soul too close to those cookies. She told people NOT to talk around her cookies - she said "I hate germs" - LMAO - I wanted one with LOTS of frosting - was that too much to ask? :innocent: I guess so, they were "off limits":angry: - Nancy is the sweetest lady ever - I love that she loves children - and cares about so much:wub:

Great pictures!!! I'm sure you and Lucy made lots of peoples' day brighter!!
Thank you, Shar - oh the hair, the hair, the hair! Oh how the folks love seeing fluffs.

Oh, that was a wonderful visit to the rest home! I loved Bea and Allen....how sweet to have found each other! Glad Lucy had such a wonderful time with her Mommy going to see everyone. Now, I agree with Deb, "Where is my cookie?":HistericalSmiley:
Dianne, those folks are such a pleasure to visit - always up-beat and happy - they tell me "Allie, this place is down to earth - we don't have pools or fancy golf courses, but we have each other, a family. That's all the matters at the end of our lives" -we visit this home, once a week -for that very reason.

It warms my heart to see Bea and Allen, took many years but they found one another, Lucy were you the match maker? Lucy I'm sure your hair would have gotten all messed up from all the lovin you were getting. You look adorable little girl:wub:
I remember when my MIL was in the nursing home they always looked forward to visits with fluffs, Allie that's wonderful that Lucy and you go visit your older friends I know they love every moment of it.
Barron your just to busy being with your buddy's,:rochard::supacool: you are such a social littleman.:wub:
Thank you Paula - I too LOVE the ederly and fluffs - my two favorite things in life!

Barron is in love with all fluffs. Nothing compares to fluffs in his eyes.

#6 ·
It warms my heart to see Bea and Allen, took many years but they found one another, Lucy were you the match maker? Lucy I'm sure your hair would have gotten all messed up from all the lovin you were getting. You look adorable little girl:wub:
I remember when my MIL was in the nursing home they always looked forward to visits with fluffs, Allie that's wonderful that Lucy and you go visit your older friends I know they love every moment of it.
Barron your just to busy being with your buddy's,:rochard::supacool: you are such a social littleman.:wub:

#7 ·
How fun! I bet everyone there really enjoyed seeing Miss Lu!!! Does she have to be a certified therapy dog to visit the retirement home? I am hoping one day to bring my kids and a fluff to visit people much in the same manner.

God Bless you and Richard Miss Allie!!

#19 ·
How fun! I bet everyone there really enjoyed seeing Miss Lu!!! Does she have to be a certified therapy dog to visit the retirement home? I am hoping one day to bring my kids and a fluff to visit people much in the same manner.

God Bless you and Richard Miss Allie!!
Thank you Kelly - no, Lucy is far from a "therpy fluff" dear G-d she needs therpy! Hair therpy! LMAO - just kiddin' - but no, fluffs do not need to be therpy fluffs - just have their records from the vets -

I think it's wonderful that you and Lucy make visits to the nursing home. That is the perfect way to bring sunshine into the lives of so many nursing home residents.

I, too, love the pictures of Bea and Allen. And, of Jo and Frank, and Nancy, too.

Lucy looks adorable as always. :wub::wub:

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Allie.
I'm with you, all the way Marie - the ederly and fluffs - I'd fight with my life, for them.:wub:

Lucy looks adorable and she's really enjoying her visit. I've taken Zoey and Tess to a nursing home here and everyone would just light up when they saw them. I'm glad you posted this, I haven't gone in a long time and I need to do that soon.
Love Lucy's outfit, that girl has the cutest cloths. :wub:
Jane, thank you - Bea gave Lupa that sweater - hence the reason she wore it - I'd like to have put red on her, or added a pin to her sweater - I didn't want to offend Bea in any way by augmenting the garment - I love the sweater - but I would have chosen red for yesterday.

Allie:

Allen and Bea are so lovely.... I LOVE older folks. Barron was having a jolly good time at the park! he is so cute and Lucy, oh Lucy I am so, so happy that you are back enjoying yourself!! You look so preppy w/ your sweater :chili::chili::chili: and I think you are just beautiful!

Lots os kisses from your friends in Miami!
Thank you Barbara - you're always so sweet! (((hugs)))

#8 ·
I think it's wonderful that you and Lucy make visits to the nursing home. That is the perfect way to bring sunshine into the lives of so many nursing home residents.

I, too, love the pictures of Bea and Allen. And, of Jo and Frank, and Nancy, too.

Lucy looks adorable as always. :wub::wub:

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Allie.

#9 ·
Lucy looks adorable and she's really enjoying her visit. I've taken Zoey and Tess to a nursing home here and everyone would just light up when they saw them. I'm glad you posted this, I haven't gone in a long time and I need to do that soon.
Love Lucy's outfit, that girl has the cutest cloths. :wub:

#10 ·
Adorable

Allie:

Allen and Bea are so lovely.... I LOVE older folks. Barron was having a jolly good time at the park! he is so cute and Lucy, oh Lucy I am so, so happy that you are back enjoying yourself!! You look so preppy w/ your sweater :chili::chili::chili: and I think you are just beautiful!

Lots os kisses from your friends in Miami!

#20 ·
Oh Sue, that hair really was getting to me yesterday - it was so full of static, I felt like a neglectful mother yesterday!

Each time someone would pick poor Lupa up - the hair went out-of-control! After a while I gave up - I looked ridiculous brushing her every few minutes - hence, the picture in the car coming home!

How wonderful that you take Lucy to a retirement home. Having been a nurse for 30 years I have seen first hand what dog therapy can do for people in a retirement home, hospital or at a hospice house. Keep up the good work. Lucy looked like she was enjoying it as much as the residents were!
I agree Ruth - how they love to see fluffs - the smiles and joy are priceless.

Oh Allie, my gosh that is so special! Betty and Allan are just too precious for words. Love them. And the delight you and Lucy bring them is priceless. Animals and the elderly are two of my many passions. Beautiful.
Thanks Christine! Yes, fluffs and the ederly are my favorite two things in the world!:wub:

#21 ·
Thank you, Kara!

Awe-I love these pics, Allie! They warm my heart, too!:wub: Our little Lucy looks precious and she is so adorable in her new coat. I am so happy to see that she is feeling better. :chili: All the TLC she gets really shows! Thanks for sharing these pics with us.:hugging:
Thank you April.

Wow that painting is amazing!! So much talent!!!
Kelly, that little lady that painted that - - - is a cool 93! :) I'll take a shot of her on our next visit!

#13 ·
How wonderful that you take Lucy to a retirement home. Having been a nurse for 30 years I have seen first hand what dog therapy can do for people in a retirement home, hospital or at a hospice house. Keep up the good work. Lucy looked like she was enjoying it as much as the residents were!

#15 · (Edited)
LMAO - about Lucy's hair! Yikes!:w00t:

Yes, Bea and Allen are darling together (91 and 89 respectfully)

Bea gave Lupa the sweater that she had on - that’s why she wore it yesterday :wub:

Allen’s daughter was at the party yesterday also. Sadly, she shared with me that Allen will soon have to move into another part of the home - he’s becoming "forgetful" -

Here’s another picture of Bea, Allen and "Cody" - they "babysit" a greyhound rescue, once a week - another young lady, that also lives at the home - painted this for Bea.:wub:

View attachment 92355

#17 ·
Awe-I love these pics, Allie! They warm my heart, too!:wub: Our little Lucy looks precious and she is so adorable in her new coat. I am so happy to see that she is feeling better. :chili: All the TLC she gets really shows! Thanks for sharing these pics with us.:hugging:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.