Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so lucy's on her leash at an art show and we're walking along happily when we see a girl with two dogs - a maltese and a chihuahua mix. so lucy's bouncing around, sniffing, etc and the girl's like "omg is that a female?" (i'm assuming cuz of the pink leash/halter) "i know its a female!" etc etc etc all excited. and i just smiled and said "yep, it's a girl!" and so she looks up at me, eyes shining and asks "will you breed here w/ my boy?! he's 8 months and i hear that's old enough, yours looks old enough too!" so i was like
and asked her where she got her dog. her answer? "oh, just some place in ft lauderdale.. i guess it was an accident"
i told her that lucy was already spayed, and went on to explain that breeding two random dogs, esp one from a sketchy background, is not a good idea (for the record, he did NOT look well bred...)

just kind of annoyed me and i wanted to vent

good news, though. i found this fabulous artist who draws dogs in funky colors, so i ordered a print of a maltese with a topknot with greens and pinks and blues - it's amazing. i'll take a picture of it whenever it comes..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yep that happens to me, and Sunny is a boy lol. The worst was when my mom kept trying to convince me not to get him neutered so she could make back the money she spent on getting him for me.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by puppylucy@Apr 24 2005, 05:02 PM
alright, so lucy's on her leash at an art show and we're walking along happily when we see a girl with two dogs - a maltese and a chihuahua mix. so lucy's bouncing around, sniffing, etc and the girl's like "omg is that a female?" (i'm assuming cuz of the pink leash/halter) "i know its a female!" etc etc etc all excited. and i just smiled and said "yep, it's a girl!" and so she looks up at me, eyes shining and asks "will you breed here w/ my boy?! he's 8 months and i hear that's old enough, yours looks old enough too!" so i was like 
and asked her where she got her dog. her answer? "oh, just some place in ft lauderdale.. i guess it was an accident" 
i told her that lucy was already spayed, and went on to explain that breeding two random dogs, esp one from a sketchy background, is not a good idea (for the record, he did NOT look well bred...)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55967
[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me when Lexi was 5/6months old. Some lady at work asked me to breed her with her male bichon!!! I was so shocked all I said was no.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Apr 24 2005, 06:24 PM
Yep that happens to me, and Sunny is a boy lol.  The worst was when my mom kept trying to convince me not to get him neutered so she could make back the money she spent on getting him for me. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=56068
[/QUOTE]

Gosh, your moms just like my hubby he wants to breed mitzi to get money
i said h#$% NO!!!! as cute as her babies would be i am not going to breed her!!! And for what, so he can give them to his family forget it!!! Who knows how they will treat them , NO WAY!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts