Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer i tried to take her to the beach. She knows how to walk on a leash but when shes on sand, she wont move. She stands still and just eats the sand. :smilie_tischkante: She wont walk along the beach, all she is interested in is eating sand. I tried taking her the other day and she did the same thing. Do most malts do this?

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
LOL that is a strange thing...stressed and eating sand is a stress reliever??? no Jodi just runs around like he goes there everyday.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I bring Leila to the beach only on bath day, and she gets absolutely COVERED in sand. She rubs her face in it and eats a TON. No matter how much I try to distract her, that's her #1 priority. So far, no health consequences. She poops out a bunch of sand later that night, but after a nice warm bath to get the rest out of her face/hair, she's as good as new.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
My babies eat some sand, but they looove the beach so much they race down the beach most of the time. They only eat sand when they get impatient when we stop for something. Yes, their poo comes out sandy the next day. I don't know why it doesn't upset their stomach. Nothing is better than the happiness on their face at the beach!!! :wub:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
wow, i'm kind of relieved you can't take dogs on the sand at our beach! stuart's face is dirty enough just sniffing the sand on the sidewalk.....picture please of sandy faces???

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
LOL How funny. No sand here, but I'm sure Cosy would eat some too if she was there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts