Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 0400 I awakened to a very wet nose on my face. Lucy was trying to get my attention to take her outside. (I have been sleeping in her xpen with her since Thursday night) - I have to tell you - Barrons x-large bed from LL Bean is very comfortable.

I took Lucy out - (Mary H - I know that you do not read all of the posts’ - but if you are - I made a pot of tea this morning, and you guessed it - I used an antique bone china pot and tea cup, and thought of you:)

Lucy wanted to walk around the house a bit - and since Barron was upstairs in bed - I let her down . . . she went around the house exploring - checking everything out (toy boxes, Barrons beds, her beds - it was so stikin' cute) - she ate her breakfast, took her medication, and after I changed all of her linens on her bed she returned to the xpen area.

I think Miss Lucy-Lu is feeling better today. :wub:

Thank you for your good wishes and thoughts,

Allie

Lucy even tried to roll on her back last night (you know the position with the feet in the air - that has to be a good sign right? She couldn't do it - but at least she tried).

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Woo-hoo! I just love good news in the morning! I am so happy to hear our Lucy is starting to feel better.:cheer: I just adore that sweet girl. It must be all the great TLC she is getting from her wonderful Mommy.:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Allie this news just gave me a smile ear to ear. It's amazing how quickly they heal, isn't it!!! *happy sigh*.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wonderful Allie! :cheer: I am so happy for you! I can't imagine what you and Richard went through...and now seeing Miss Lu up and walking around and starting to enjoy life again, it must be a dream come true! :wub:

We love you Lucy Lu!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Allie - that is such great news. I think you're getting your Lucy Lu back. It still astounds me how these little ones are able to bounce back from surgery. I love that she wanted to explore.:wub: You're sleeping in the x-pen?:w00t: OMG you will need a massage for sure after this. I guess we're not getting any pictures of that.:HistericalSmiley: You are such a phenomenal mom. I really think that Lucy was kissing you, not to wake you to go out, but to tell you how much she loves you. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
Great news about Lucy! Every day should get better---although I can hardly remember our little Kirby's LS surgery now! I thought I would never forget those days. Does she have an e-collar, stitches?
Allie, when you are feeling up to it--it would be good to share what happened (story line) w/Allie---unless I missed it someplace where I could read it---others would probably find it helpful too. Had she had the BAT done already?
On a more mundane note: what kind of tea did you make in that antique pot?
Enjoy your recovering days!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sue,

Yes, sleeping in the xpen. Richard bought another one - so that we have the two set-up together. :thumbsup:

We're set-up in the playroom, by the french doors, so that *we" Lucy and I have a window view - the moon throughout the night (last night) was amazing.:wub:

The LL Bean bed is comfortable - and I have lost 11 lbs through this ordeal, yup, 11 - down to 97 lbs - I certainly don't want to lose anymore. My point is - the bed is just about my size - I'm 5'5 (I bought Barron the larger one so that HE could stretch out when Lucy's on the bed with him, never thinking I'd be doing the stretching) . . .:w00t: Thank G-d for Yoga!

A

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Allie - 97 and 5'5".:w00t: Girl you better start eating. I know how upset you've been but you can't take a chance of you getting sick since you need to be there for her and your immune system will be down if you don't put a little meat on those bones. I'd give you some of mine (what a good friend I am :innocent:) but I'm hoping that you'll take care of yourself more now that little Ms. Lucy's on the road to recovery. :hugging:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allie this news just gave me a smile ear to ear. It's amazing how quickly they heal, isn't it!!! *happy sigh*.....
Thank you Pat.

Pat, I DONT care for your new siggy . . . .

It makes me want to JUMP through the screen and kiss that sweet Archie! I love all of your babies, but that Archie has a firm hold on my heart!

Where are you going on holiday? Taking a suit (bathing, not ski) I hope!
Let's guess - great friends, sand, sun, good books, great wine, music . . . good choice!

A

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
Thank you Pat.

Pat, I DONT care for your new siggy . . . .

It makes me want to JUMP through the screen and kiss that sweet Archie! I love all of your babies, but that Archie has a firm hold on my heart!

Where are you going on holiday? Taking a suit (bathing, not ski) I hope!
Let's guess - great friends, sand, sun, good books, great wine, music . . . good choice!

A
GOSH ALLIE, you should have told me Pat was coming to my house for her holiday! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wonderful Allie! :cheer: I am so happy for you! I can't imagine what you and Richard went through...and now seeing Miss Lu up and walking around and starting to enjoy life again, it must be a dream come true! :wub:

We love you Lucy Lu!

Kelly,

Thank you for your sweet thoughts - you have always been so darn nice.

I love your new siggy of the babies - it reminds me just how much, of a *wonder woman* you really are - to be able to pull off the births of those fluffs - you are amazing.

Don't forget to take care of yourself, also.

A

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woo-hoo! I just love good news in the morning! I am so happy to hear our Lucy is starting to feel better.:cheer: I just adore that sweet girl. It must be all the great TLC she is getting from her wonderful Mommy.:wub:
Ms. April,

You're always there to cheer people on. Your so kind and gentle with your words. Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes, they worked.

A

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great news about Lucy! Every day should get better---although I can hardly remember our little Kirby's LS surgery now! I thought I would never forget those days. Does she have an e-collar, stitches?
Allie, when you are feeling up to it--it would be good to share what happened (story line) w/Allie---unless I missed it someplace where I could read it---others would probably find it helpful too. Had she had the BAT done already?
On a more mundane note: what kind of tea did you make in that antique pot?
Enjoy your recovering days!

Sandi,

Yes, I will do this - the completely weird part of the entire ordeal is that other people were talking about the BAT - when Lucy had *flu like* symptoms - and had been to the vet because she had vomited on two occasions.

Lucy was becoming lethargic, and I knew that it wasn’t like Lucy to sit for more than a few seconds at a time.

Lucy was scheduled to have a BAT the following week (NPO - test - eat - test) and a battery of other tests - then she had a seizure - we rushed her back down to the hospital.

I will write it all out at some point and send it to you.

Thank you for caring.

A

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
I am so happy to hear that Lucy is doing better and I had to look it up but BAT is a bile acid test. Sounds like Lucy only showed flu like symptoms then lethargic and then seizure......good to know. And I agree I would be sleeping right next to her. When Lilly had her spray the first night she slept on my chest so I could keep an eye on her.

Thanks for sharing this scary story with a happy ending.

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Wonderful news first thing in the morning! I can just see Lucy going around an checking on things - making sure everything is as she remembered.

Allie, you need to write L.L.Bean a back story and testimonial about their bed. Now please concentrate on you. Have many good meals, and get that weight back on. I have no nails left after worrying about Lucy, and Kelly's Terra so you have to stay well.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts