Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ya all.. I am at work and my puppy is pucking at home~!!! can i give her anything to make her feel better? i wont be able to take her to the vet until after 9pm and my sister who is taking care of her doesnt have a car~

PLS HELP ME!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
When that happened to my neighbors dog, we fed it rice with water to calm its stomach, I dont really know though

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is a Vacuum she eats anything and evrything including bugs!!! I called the vet and told me not to give her any food for 12 hrs and monitor her vomiting if it continues to take her in Tomorrow.. but she looks miserable.. cant i give her something to make her feel better?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I go through this with Lady periodically. As your vet said, it's best to just let her tummy rest for 12 hours. If not, she'll just throw again.

Do you have any Pepto-Bismal on hand? You can give her some of that.

Since Maltese are so small, they dehydrate quickly. If you rest her stomach and she is still vomiting, take her to your vet. You don't want her to have to get IV fluids. After the 12 hours is up, you can try to give her a little Pedialite to replace her electrolites. The key is small amounts to see if she can keep it down. A little chicken broth and some rice is good to start with.

I need to start a thread about what all you new Maltese owners need to have on hand/first aid kit!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 13 2005, 02:45 PM
I go through this with Lady periodically. As your vet said, it's best to just let her tummy rest for 12 hours. If not, she'll just throw again.

Do you have any Pepto-Bismal on hand? You can give her some of that.

Since Maltese are so small, they dehydrate quickly. If you rest her stomach and she is still vomiting, take her to your vet. You don't want her to have to get IV fluids. After the 12 hours is up, you can try to give her a little Pedialite to replace her electrolites. The key is small amounts to see if she can keep it down. A little chicken broth and some rice is good to start with.

I need to start a thread about what all you new Maltese owners need to have on hand/first aid kit!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72240
[/QUOTE]

Please do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts