Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She uses still does Front line EVERYMONTH by clockwork!!!!

Took her to the VEt no fleas.. no nothing then why does she go crazy scratching?!!!?
The vet told us she can just be nerveous!? SO MUCH?!

Any ideaS? suggestions? has it happen with any of your lil ones?!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
hello. How often do you bathe them? Do you notice any flakes on the skin? That was the only time my dogs were scratching so much.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ask your vet about a dose of antihistamine like Children's Benadryl. Pico gets grass itch which usually doesn't last long but when his eyes start watering or he starts licking his paw incessantly, I know its time for the Benadryl. I've only used it twice in his 3 1/2 years.

If you think it's his skin, try an Aveeno bath for her.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Oct 29 2004, 04:17 PM
Ask your vet about a dose of antihistamine like Children's Benadryl.  Pico gets grass itch which usually doesn't last long but when his eyes start watering or he starts licking his paw incessantly, I know its time for the Benadryl.  I've only used it twice in his 3 1/2 years.

If you think it's his skin, try an Aveeno bath for her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14002
[/QUOTE]

The vet gave us Benadryl... she is doing a bit better.. Vet says its seasonal allergies... who knew that could happen

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 29 2004, 02:15 PM
hello.  How often do you bathe them?  Do you notice any flakes on the skin?  That was the only time my dogs were scratching so much.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13955
[/QUOTE]

Is that from bathing too often? What did you do to get rid of the flakes?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is from the grass and change on the weather,, she did not have flakes.. so cant help you there... the vet says probably since we moved to a new home.. she has just to get used to her new environment.. malteses are very sensitive dogs :D

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
What do you feed her? Food allergies are fairly common. The 3 "biggies" are corn, wheat and soy products so check your label.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts