Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always felt a lump in the back of Rex's neck for as long as we have had him I think, a little above where the collar would go. Well, I was just washing him, getting him prepared for his pictures later today and I really started feeling it trying to figure if it is normal or not. When his hair was wet I was better able to see, it isnt red or anything and doesnt visibly look any different than the rest of his skin. Is this normal or should I be worried? Because, somehow, I am worried.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Sometimes they get a lump after their shots too, but I too was going to ask about him being micro chipped as I can feel Scooby's.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I cant even remember, I do remember him getting a lump after his shots a couple months ago. Could it still be there? It doenst seem to bother him or anything.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
It could be possible but if you are not sure I would mention it to your vet, perhaps just call and ask that question. Also if you haven't asked for micro chipping I doubt that would have been done and you would have received a disc with his registration number if it had been done.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was talking to my dh about this today. He said Rex has always had it, since birth in fact...it is only a muscle in his neck. I am still going to have the vet feel it when we go in!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by RexsMom@Sep 4 2005, 07:56 PM
Now I cant even remember, I do remember him getting a lump after his shots a couple months ago.  Could it still be there?  It doenst seem to bother him or anything.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=96921
[/QUOTE]
Summer has a lumb on her back too and its from one of her shots I ask the vet and he said that its pretty normal not to worry. its like scar tissue built up , anyway Summer is 9mos Sept.2 and its still there only a little futher down her neck and her chip feels like a small piece of rice right between her shoulders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts