Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
6,028 Posts
I tried to take a picture of Lacie’s lump on the top of her head, if you can see it in this picture . It has grown, been there for over 3 years, and is very hard. Its nothing but a cyst. I can have it removed but she would have to go under anesthesia, and I won't do that.
Liver Fawn Close-up Tail Wool

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
I’m glad your vet thinks it’s a cyst...it does look like one in your pix. You vet will be able to tell more on his next visit. I also would think if your vet thought it was cancerous, they would remove it asap, rather than leave it.
Of all the lumps and bumps I have found on my girls, only one was cancerous on Ling Ling and they removed it that day. And it definitely looked much different than all the others,

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Thanks so much! 🐾🐾 I hope it’s not cancerous did your baby have to get anesthesia to get it removed on the same day or did they just numb it? Cody is very squirmy and since it’s near his eyes I am so afraid.. and I know my vet won’t put him under cause she’s afraid he won’t make it.
They did not put Ling under, however, they did have to sedate her quite a bit. It was on the side of her belly towards the top of her leg. A tender area and they needed to get really clean margins, so it was a fairly good size area that was removed. Thankfully, she didn’t need treatment after that. I wonder if Cody’s looks that suspicious, if an eye doctor would be better removing it. Thats such a tricky area around the eye. I thought it was closer to the top of his head.

·
Premium Member
6,028 Posts
Thankyou! So much! That’s a good suggestion about the eye doctor removing it. I have been watching it and he doesn’t like it upon touch. For some reason I have the feeling my vet won’t give me a definitive answer by looking at it. She’s going to want to test it maybe? I will keep you posted and Thankyou so much for your info it helps me so much! Dee
They will have to do a fine needle aspiration to see if it has any cancerous cell and proceed from there.
I will look for your update 🙏🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts