Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,207 Posts
Once a day is normal for lactulose. i have not heard of pancreatic issues specifically because of hepatic distress. Both can occur, but it is usually diet related. Luck did very well on rc hepatic, though he was on their kibble. Both are non-meat foods that they add schmaltz to for flavor. Are you giving him anything high in fat? You can try putting a teaspoon of vanilla ice milk on his wet food.

Reactions: Coster

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thankyou Walter! The only food he may get is molly food and that’s regular canned Royal Canin. Cody does like milk /ice cream that’s a good idea to dip in his food to eat . I will definitely try that. He’s so picky. When he doesn’t like something he keeps nudging the dish over and over with his little nose. Thanks!🐾

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My goodness I just got Cody’s Bloodwork Results back from my Veterinarian. I am shocked to hear All his bloodwork came back in the normal range!! I am soooooo happy and really Surprised of this news!! For the past 3 months his liver enzymes were climbing! Even his pancreatic inflammation disappeared after 3 months! She asked me what have I been doing differently . I told her the food I been switching back and forth from Royal Canin gastro and Royal Canin heptic food and the extra milk thistle at night as well as I upped the sub q fluids to every other day. Versus 4 to 6 times a month . She was so surprised as well. I personally think it’s the fluid doing the trick getting out all the toxins. But who knows! Just wanted to share what I have done to make these liver enzymes decrease in case anyone else has these issues. Happy Dance for Cody! My Little Superman took awhile to get here but he is making great improvements. His other eye too is improving the bad eye ulcer is getting smaller and he can keep the eye open now. Hopefully in another month it should be healed. I still am doing 5 drops of different meds a day but it’s healing and that’s all I can ask for. He’s super playful like a puppy after he eats then plops back to sleep. Thankyou all for being here and all your suggestions on everything to make him better! Love to everyone!!!! Dee🐾💖🐾

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,172 Posts
What WONDERFUL news, Dee! I am doing a happy dance here! Our little guy is such a trooper! I love that fighting spirit! You are such a good Mama! Love to you both!

Reactions: Coster
21 - 27 of 27 Posts