Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to have surgery on their babies for a luxating patella? If so how did your furbaby do and what was the cost associated with it (just curious if the quote I got is appropriate not that money matters if my furbaby needs it-it will happen
)? It looks like we are going to have to have this surgery and I am so concerned about it and the recovery, how she will do, etc...... Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was told that sprite will need surgery next year on both knees. $1500 per knee. I'm a little nervous doing it....but if you wait too long, then it will be too late for your baby to get surgery because he will have arthritis. I know how you feel, but my vet said that after the surgery.....the knee will be so much better.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats cool about the chihuahua. its so scary taking them in for something. and i heard the recovery for surgery is like a month or something. i forget. it just sucks to have to deal with. but if the chihuahua felt great after---it makes me less reluctant to continue with surgery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts