Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my FIL takes my pup out and comes back in an says "Kerri, you may wanna check Boom's butt. He tried forever to poop and is scooting on the floor downstairs"

Go downstairs and check his butt. He has poop PACKED in his hair to his butt. It's only 10. ER is gonna be on. Watch be be really pissed.

So I give him a bath, ask my hubby for help cuz I'm tired. Put him in the tub give him his bath, wash the poop out, decide to trim the hair. Keep asking for help, nothing.

Get him outta the tub, start blow drying. See a matt. Go to cut the matt out. He squirms, I knicked him. He turns around, grabs my hand in his mouth an just looks at me. Didn't hurt me, just surprised me. Got the point. Blow dried him more.

He now won't let me touch him. wont let me near him with the scissors either. Course I was mid trim.

*sighs*

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ahhhh...We've had many nights like that here...Boom will forgive you real soon. It's such a pain when no one wants to help. I just hate it when they go and scoot all over the floor before I realize there's poo stuck to their butt

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Well you nicked him ! What do you expect ! Lol, now he is showing you the cold shoulder.

When Alex has poop stuck on his butt, I don't give him a full bath. I put his hind legs in the sink (front legs on counter) and just wash his butt. I then let the hair dry by itself, don't blow dry it. Just towel it dry. By the way, had to do this this evening too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Seems like these things ALWAYS happen when your tired and it's late!~! Hope you have a better evening today!! Poor Boom....he was probably tired too.....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Happens to Lacey too. The only problem with her is she doesn't rub her butt on the carpet, she hids. Last time was behind the toilet. She gets real embrassed. She has never been yelled at when this happens but she gets to quiet and won't even look me in the eyes. I tell her it is okay and this is what mommies are for.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had one of those nights last night too.

I had to bathe all three girls last night and no one wanted to help. I do all of the work but I usually get the kids to just hold the pups in towel while I bathe the next one (three kids, three pups, usually works just fine). Well no one wanted to be bothered and I was too tired to argue. It was 11:30pm before I finished (and I get up at 4:30am) only because I couldn't get the help I usually get. But I soon remembered, these are my babies and by responsibility.

I didn't get upset. I just did what had to be done and enjoyed a tall, very tall, glass of wine afterwards! At the end of the night, I was calm and the girls were clean!

I hope you have a better day today! It will be alright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts