Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to order some, and finally broke down and took the plunge...

This is what I got...

No Rinse Shampoo 4 oz

Autumn Clean Scent Set - Shampoo + Conditioner + Cologne + Liquid Silk ($19.95) (I thought this was a GREAT deal with the free cologne and Liquid Silk!!!!) And if I read correctly, the shampoo and stuff is supposed to be diluted 16:1??? Is that right?
#1 All Systems Super Whitening Gel (this is new stuff...supposedly leave on for 15 minutes and helps remove tear stains and other stuff.

Anyone else use these same particular items and like them? I can't wait...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes I use Petsilk and love it. I bought the Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and the Silk Strengthening rinse. I also bought the #1 All Systems whitening gel--but it doesn't work that I can tell. What does work very well is the Petsilk White Light Stain Remover, doesn't do magic, but you can definitely tell that the fur is brighter. I love the colognes! I bought a set of 4 that were on special, the Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Prince, and Princess, and I love them all. Light and not too sweet (Baby Boy is very powdery smelling and sweeter than the others), and I hate cologne and perfume--I like these. I am tempted to buy other scents and try them out.
Let me know if you like the clean scent, I almost out of shampoo again and want to try other ones they have. And yes you do dilute them, Pet Edge sells some great bottles cheap that have the dilution measures on them--makes it easy.
Quincymom
PS The Topknot Gel is great too.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, although I am very distressed that you say the whitening gel doesn't work <_< That is what I really wanted more than anything else. It seemed to be the perfect thing...with the glycerin in it too...I thought it would help keep it from drying out his face hair so much like the peroxide does... -_-
I really debated over the gel or the white light...but thought the ingredients in the gel were more "conditioning"-
I bought mine from the MJM Website. They have a huge selection of products... it was really hard to decide! But, when I saw the fall special with the shampoo/rinse/cologne/liquid silk-AND you dilute them...I just thought that was the one I needed. It said that the clean scent was their best seller or favorite scent-
I am looking forward to getting them. I have not heard anyone say they were really disappointed in their products.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 3 2004, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, although I am very distressed that you say the whitening gel doesn't work <_< That is what I really wanted more than anything else.  It seemed to be the perfect thing...with the glycerin in it too...I thought it would help keep it from drying out his face hair so much like the peroxide does... -_-
I really debated over the gel or the white light...but thought the ingredients in the gel were more "conditioning"
You never know. It might work for you. And if it doesn't work, maybe you can put the MOM mixure on your baby, and then put the whitening gel over it since it has more conditioner in it. Let us know when you use it

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Nov 2 2004, 11:17 PM
I have been wanting to order some, and finally broke down and took the plunge...

This is what I got...

No Rinse Shampoo 4 oz

Autumn Clean Scent Set - Shampoo + Conditioner + Cologne + Liquid Silk ($19.95) (I thought this was a GREAT deal with the free cologne and Liquid Silk!!!!) And if I read correctly, the shampoo and stuff is supposed to be diluted 16:1??? Is that right?
#1 All Systems Super Whitening Gel (this is new stuff...supposedly leave on for 15 minutes and helps remove tear stains and other stuff.

Anyone else use these same particular items and like them? I can't wait...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14556
[/QUOTE]
Please let us know if the whitening gel works for you, and yes you got a good deal on the set!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Yes, Sally's has tons of bottles for mixing and diluting. I don't use shampoo or conditioner straight from the bottle as I find it's much easier to use the squirt bottles from Sally's. I use a laundry marker to label everything.

I also get my mesh papers for topknots there.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Quincymom@Nov 3 2004, 03:52 AM
Let me know if you like the clean scent, I almost out of shampoo again and want to try other ones they have. <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14576
[/QUOTE]

The clean scent is YUMMY!!!! I may try the cologne on!!!!
Just kidding!!! But it does smell good!!!
Actually it all smells wonderful! The liquid silk smelled great too, as well as the no rinse shampoo!!!

I put some of the whitening gel on him. I just applied a little with a q-tip..it said you could leave it on...so I am going to leave it and wash it off after church...his stains weren't really bad on his eyes anyway...not right now...I tried a different regimen and it seems to be working...or it is just coincidence...
at night I am using the peroxide-in the mornings I put a tiny bit of the Desitin on there...this week his stains have been very minimal...not even very wet...so I guess the Desitin does help with that..

V

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Nov 10 2004, 06:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
@Nov 3 2004, 03:52 AM

Let me know if you like the clean scent, I almost out of shampoo again and want to try other ones they have. <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=14576

Actually it all smells wonderful! The liquid silk smelled great too, as well as the no rinse shampoo!!!

I put some of the whitening gel on him. I just applied a little with a q-tip..it said you could leave it on...so I am going to leave it and wash it off after church...his stains weren't really bad on his eyes anyway...not right now...I tried a different regimen and it seems to be working...or it is just coincidence...
at night I am using the peroxide-in the mornings I put a tiny bit of the Desitin on there...this week his stains have been very minimal...not even very wet...so I guess the Desitin does help with that..

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15865
[/B][/QUOTE]

I understand why the desitin would work..creating a moisture barrier and a little white color as well. It wouls be difficult to get out though...not particularly water soluble. I do have a suggestion tho...a little mineral oil with loosen it enough to wash out with a little baby shampoo and water. I have used the white coverup type make up (biogroom makes a good one) and tho I used it sparingly..the stuff stuck like glue until I realized mineral oil would act as a moisturizer and a dissolvent.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by vita+Nov 10 2004, 09:44 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
@Nov 3 2004, 03:52 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15865

[/QUOTE]

I understand why the desitin would work..creating a moisture barrier and a little white color as well. It wouls be difficult to get out though...not particularly water soluble. I do have a suggestion tho...a little mineral oil with loosen it enough to wash out with a little baby shampoo and water. I have used the white coverup type make up (biogroom makes a good one) and tho I used it sparingly..the stuff stuck like glue until I realized mineral oil would act as a moisturizer and a dissolvent.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15917
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hadn't really had problems with getting the Desitin out yet-I guess I put it on SO lightly-and then at night I comb the hair and dab some peroxide on...but if it starts to get globby, the mineral oil is a great tip! :D

V

·
0 Posts
There are 2 kinds of desitin..one is a lot "lighter" than the other and that would be less of a problem..I am a babysitting gramma so even though I am 55 (and till some lady gave birth to twins in NYC yesterday AT THE AGE OF 57) I am pretty current on baby paraphenellia and baby products. I use kolestral under the eye to conceal some of the tear staining and it acts as a moisturizer as well..that is pretty easy to wash out with baby shampoo and water.

V

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Nov 11 2004, 01:15 AM
There are 2 kinds of desitin..one is a lot "lighter" than the other and that would be less of a problem..I am a babysitting gramma so even though I am 55 (and till some lady gave birth to twins in NYC yesterday AT THE AGE OF 57) I am pretty current on baby paraphenellia and baby products. I use kolestral under the eye to conceal some of the tear staining and it acts as a moisturizer as well..that is pretty easy to wash out with baby shampoo and water.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15948

Gee I am tired..meant to complete that thought..I thought I was too old to have a baby till this woman gave birth to twins..was what I meant to say.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Nov 11 2004, 12:25 AM
What is Desitin?

I am always looking for something to help with the tearstaining
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15950
[/QUOTE]

The diaper rash cream used on skin kids' butts...

But I got the generic Walmart brand. It is really thick-so for this purpose, a little goes a LONG way. This tube will last me forever-literally-it will probably go out of date before it is even half way used up. I put just a tiny bit on either end of a q-tip and rub it from just under the corner of his eyes and down where the tears usually wet his hair. Then I take an old toothbrush and brush it in once or twice. Like I said, something seems to be working this week. His eyes look great.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by vita@Nov 11 2004, 12:15 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15948
[/QUOTE]

What is Kolestral? Sounds familiar-but I don't know.
I chose the thicker Desitin b/c I remembered from my skin kids how thick it was-and IMHO, it was better than the creamy stuff. It stuck on their butts so it really kept working through messy/wet diapers. I felt that its moisture protection for the tearing purpose would be better, but who knows?! Also, the creamy one doesn't come in Walmart brand..

V

·
0 Posts
Kolestral is a product for moisturizing human hair. It is a white cream...for people the concept is to rub it in and wash it out. For the dogs...a dab under the eye will moisturize and provide a barrier gainst the tears staining the hair. It is a tried and true product used by many Maltese owners.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Nov 11 2004, 12:05 PM
LOL Butt Paste LOL  It still cracks me up!  I won't even go into what it souds like you are supposed to use it for! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16000
[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I was about to say that Butt Paste is a weird name BUT at least you know exactly what it's for but apparently some people DONT! LOL

V

·
0 Posts
Checked the butt paste out..sounds like similar product...the zinc oxide is main ingredient in both..cant imagine u would do any damage if you try it..keep out of eyes tho..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts