Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:Times">What is your favorite make-up must haves? Please list the brands too as well.</span>

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Let me think:
Mary Kay dual coverage powder foundation
MK Blonde brow liner
Velocity chill-it eye stick
and mascara--I have never found any particular brand that really outshines another, so not picky there.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I use MAC.
I like Shiseido's foundation better, but my sister gets a discount at MAC. But I still LOVE MAC.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
The one thing I can't "live" without is Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick. (I use the Bronze coloration.) You can use it on your eyes and cheeks. It makes you glow! I have actually had people comment how radiant my skin was when wearing it! For the face I sweep the brush across all colors and for my eyes I use just one color. The colors aren't separated; they are all touching, which is different from anything I've used before.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick

And I love using this brush with the Shimmer Brick:
Bobbi Brown Face Brush

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I"m a Merle Norman junkie lol...but for cleansers I like Arbonne. thier cleaners are faboo.

I like MAC but it is hard to find where i live so i just go for the MN. I love MN so much I would love to buy the local store. it is a stinky store but the one where I go (close to my moms house) is awesome and the one here so so much potential the lady who owns it just has run it in the ground it needs new blood but she wants to much for it so maybe she will come down in a year or two and i can get it then. lol

·
Registered
776 Posts
I couldn't live without Lancome. They are pricey but worth it! I love their foundation/powder combination called "Dual Finish" versatile powder makeup... it's a thicker powder, and it covers shine and blemishes while still letting my freckles (which I like!) show through

THey also have great free gifts, so I only go there when they are offering one!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<span style="font-family:Times">The reason why I posted up this question is because I used to work as a make-up artist for Prescriptives and was wondering what products women like out here...
plus I am also a make-up/skin care junkie myself. products I cant live without are Lancomes juicytubes, Stila Illuminating powder foundation, Loreal Voluminous mascara, tarte cheek stains, Boitherm aquasourse lipbalm and primer....just to name a few
</span>

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My must haves:
MAC Eye Kohl in Tarnish & Minted (The Tarnish is a MUST have, it's a fantastic deep deep green and looks awesome on)
Urban Decay Baked bronzing powder
Mary Kay eye shadows (they are the best, they really stay on)
Mary Kay foundation & powders
MAC eye shadow in Humid
Mary Kay Velocity Blue Mascara but they don't sell it anymore

Urban Decay eye shadows in Shotgun, Midnight Cowgirl & Baked

I forgot to add my favorite scents.. I'm a Comptoir Sud Pacifique junkie, I love the Amour de Cacao and Vanille Abricot the most.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My ALL TIME necessary items are:

1. Eye lash curler: Shu Uemura or Benefit
2. mascara base by shiseido
3. Cream de la mer, my splurge item of all time!
4. Bare Escentuals foundation
5. MAC eye kohl in smolder (black)
6. MAC 217 blending brush
7. Diorshow Mascara
8. Lorac gloss

Signature scents:
1. Gucci Envy me
2. Philosophy's Amazing Grace

·
Registered
478 Posts
Merle Norman foundation and powder
Avon lipstick, nailwear, blush, eye shadow and mascara
Maybelline Eye Liner

Tommy Girl perfume

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If you are 30-something or older like me you go more for skin care than for makeup. I find the less makeup the better.

What I can't do without is Zia's Ultimate Exfoliant, Fresh Papaya Enzyme Peel and Even Smoother Alphahydroxy Papaya Accelerator. Used in that order and rinsed off after the prescribed time, it "eats" dead skin cells and makes your skin feel like a baby's butt. Then when you put on moisturizer or foundation it goes on like silk and any wrinkles or lines are de-emphasized.

I have "blond" skin tones and unless I am going to be out in the sun I don't wear foundation....just Lancome mascara, eyebrow powder and a little powder blush.

When I feel rich I'm going to try one of the microdermabrasion products you can get off the shelf now.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My must haves ...
1) Clinique Foam Cleanser (I used to use Active White but I can't find it anywhere so I have moved to their regular one)
2) Any type of curling mascara - they all work the same to me
3) Any type of eye lash curla
4) Clinique Fondation Stick
5) Clinique Loose Powder

I am not picky with eye shadows but I do love MAC eye shadows. I am very picky with lip sticks - I am allergic to MAC lipsticks and any scented lipsticks for that reason. I can only use lipsticks that don't smell like anything.

My Favourite Scents
1) Summer versions of Issey Miyake
2) Summer versions of Estee Lauder Pleasure
3) Davidoff Coolwater
4) Gucci Rush 2

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Jul 5 2005, 06:14 PM
If you are 30-something or older like me you go more for skin care than for makeup.  I find the less makeup the better.

What I can't do without is Zia's Ultimate Exfoliant, Fresh Papaya Enzyme Peel and Even Smoother Alphahydroxy Papaya Accelerator.  Used in that order and rinsed off after the prescribed time, it "eats" dead skin cells and makes your skin feel like a baby's butt.  Then when you put on moisturizer or foundation it goes on like silk and any wrinkles or lines are de-emphasized.

I have "blond" skin tones and unless I am going to be out in the sun I don't wear foundation....just Lancome mascara, eyebrow powder and a little powder blush.

When I feel rich I'm going to try one of the microdermabrasion products you can get off the shelf now.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78371
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to know about those Zia's products.... I'll have to try them since I'm in the over 30 group!!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I couldn't live without Lancome. They are pricey but worth it! I love their foundation/powder combination called "Dual Finish" versatile powder makeup[/B]
I normally use Mary Kay products, but this Dual Finish from Lancôme is a lot better then the one Mary Kay has. Mary Kay also changed the foundation and I don't like the new one. I am now using Cashmere Perfect from L'Oréal.
For fragrance I use Paris from Yves St Laurent. A lot of people are asking me what I am wearing because it smells so good. I also like Shalimar from Gerlain.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've been using Lancome since I was 16, and I'll be 40 this year...

Must haves:

Immanence (it's a lightly tinted moisturiser, much better than foundation-leaves the skin glowing, looking very refined and evenly toned).
Dual Finish Powder
Blush Subtil Sheer

I also like to dust on the Star Bronzer Magic Powder brush for a luminous glow.

I don't wear eye make-up unless I am performing (dance) or have a gala event.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Originally posted by scottchelf@Jul 5 2005, 05:38 PM
Merle Norman foundation and powder
Avon lipstick, nailwear, blush, eye shadow and mascara
Maybelline Eye Liner

Tommy Girl perfume
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=78364
[/QUOTE]

Do you wear womens clothes as well?

-c

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, but its a bit heavy for summer. I like it because it has sunscreen in it and its one of the few that has a shade to match my skin, i am so pale!! I like NARS blush. So far, I haven't found any lipstick that I actually like, but I keep trying

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
My makeup consist's of oil of olay regenerist serum and chapstick
When I want to "dress up" I some revlon mascara!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
oh i forgot to add what scents I like to use. My fav is Dazzling "Gold" by Este Lauder...but I also like Burbery Touch (not the pink touch though) and Rocking Rio by escada.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.