Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Clemens is about 10-12 years old. He weighs 4.4 lbs. I was wondering for all of you that have older Malts do to keep the chill off their bones. When I wake up and bring Clemens out to go potty first thing in the morning I put on his little wool coat. This helps a bit but he still comes back in so chilled. I also put him in a baby recieving blanket for extra added warmth.If anyone has any other ideas I would be happy to know!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Are you just worried about him being cold?

I remember with our doxie, we had a bed that was just hers and she loved it. We kept it stuffed with towels and blankets that made it soft. It was one of her favorite places. When we would go downstairs to watch tv, we would bring the basket and put it on the couch, so she could be with us and in her bed.

We used to put her towels and blankets in the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up. She loved that!

If you do a bit of searching on the Internet, there are places that sell warmers for dogs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
He might also enjoy a goose down filled pad in his bed both for the warmth plus it would be so soft. You could easily purchase a regular bed pillow and just resize it to fit his bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts