Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i'll get some ribbon from work tomorrow and i can show you a "pictorial" of how i do it. its not that great...it takes practice.

1--cut like 4 inches of ribbon.

2--make the breast cancer awarness ribbon

3--fold the middle down to the crossing over of the brest cancer awarness ribbon

4--take those small rubber bands and wrap around the middle three times

just try not to squeeze the ribbon that much...or else it squishes it. lol.

i hope this made sense, i'll post pics tomorrow night.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Jul 19 2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks Cathy!

I'm confused though (what's new?).  Do you have to put the bow in the hair right away?  Won't it come apart? 

I wanted to make up a bunch of bows and then just drop them off.  I didn't want the staff to have to fool with making the bow--does that make sense?

I think you will have to post a pictorial...LOL

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=82787
[/QUOTE]

I would love to help as well. I make the fancy puffy ones but I do know how to make the grooming ones as cathy described. could you pm me with the shelters address I would love to donate some of my bows.

thanks,
Sarah

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
to actually put it in the dogs hair: you get hemostats (i'll post a pic of those) and you put it through all the rubberbands(on one side of the bow) and then you grab a chunk of hair, and you clip the hemostats on the hair, and you just pull all the hair through the rubber bands. i hope that made sense!! im actually working tomorrow 10-6pm.
i'll try to remember to get ribbon and rubberbands.

AND, hemostats can be used to get the ear hair thats deep in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts