Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody's baby make a noise when they swallow? It's kind of like a really hard swallow. It's hard to explain. Kinda like a gulp. Paris just started doing this about a week and a half ago. It's not necessarily every time she swallows but I do hear it several times during the day. I took her to the vet but he said her throat looked fine. He asked if she was eating okay and she is. He said he could x-ray her but he really wanted to hold off on that if we could. She is still making this noise. Just wondering if I need to pursue this further. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Paris' mommy,
How old is Paris? Does she eat dry food? You might want to soften her food by adding a couple of tablespoons of warm water before feeding her. Their little airways are so small....you never know - it could help.

Teddy once choked on a stick. We got the stick out, and he did the noisy swallow thing for a few days. The vet suggested I soften his food this way bc he was too little for wet food at the time.

Hope she feels better soon!

Jackie & Teddy

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Jackie. Paris will be one in two weeks. She gets dry and canned food. She vomitted twice yesterday and twice this morning. She wouldn't even eat her food this morning. She had an appointment with the groomer this morning so I went ahead and took her in. Better there at the vet's office than home alone. The vet is going to check her out, also.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Oct 5 2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your reply, Jackie.  Paris will be one in two weeks.  She gets dry and canned food.  She vomitted twice yesterday and twice this morning.  She wouldn't even eat her food this morning.  She had an appointment with the groomer this morning so I went ahead and took her in.  Better there at the vet's office than home alone.  The vet is going to check her out, also.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106425
[/QUOTE]

Even though it's pretty expensive, I take Teddy to be groomed at the vet's office as well. This way they can check him out, and god forbid, they accidentally hurt him they have the resources to help him asap.

I hope your appointment goes well with the doctor and she's feeling better soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts