Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to sew all my children's clothes when they were little and am thinking I want to make Ollie some PJ's since they are so expensive. Has anyone on here done that? If so, where might get a pattern?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I tried making some quickly today using that McCalls pattern. They turned out pretty good. Next time I'll use bias tape and some bows and ribbons or lace. Not the best pic she was wearing her halter on top because we were outside walking.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Camille....that would work for Ollie! Thank you so much. I'll go to the sewing store and get the pattern!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh, I wish I knew how to sew better...if you find a simple pattern and I mean simple:HistericalSmiley:, let me know!

I used to sew all my children's clothes when they were little and am thinking I want to make Ollie some PJ's since they are so expensive. Has anyone on here done that? If so, where might get a pattern?

·
Registered
615 Posts
This is a super easy pattern. Cut out, line up the triangles, sew a straight line. I didn't extend the arms (as you can see they are a little short).

I used the medium size pattern. Make sure and post pics after you make something!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Sewing is really very easy these day's - I have the Brother 1250-D it is easy to use, and nearly sews itself.

If you need clothes for your fluff - it's easy to select a pattern, material, and anything else you'll need at a JoAnn fabric type of store - ask questions, they will help you.

Best of luck,

Allie

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
You know I took a class once at JoAnn's and made a bag and it came out great. But they didn't have the next class, just that one class. So I don't have any confidence. :mellow:I'm going to look into that machine and how much it costs and try to take more classes first and see how I do. I can try the pj's on the old Singer machine I have, but it's ancient. It was my mother in law's. It still works but it's so heavy and slow. I would love to make him clothes because I can't afford buying him outfits. He's only got a few tee shirts and a winter coat and a raincoat. So I have plenty I can make for him if I knew how. Wonder if there is a class for that! :HistericalSmiley:

Sewing is really very easy these day's - I have the Brother 1250-D it is easy to use, and nearly sews itself.

If you need clothes for your fluff - it's easy to select a pattern, material, and anything else you'll need at a JoAnn fabric type of store - ask questions, they will help you.

Best of luck,

Allie

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dianne -- My parents' gave me my sewing machine for Christmas 1969 and I'm still using it. Just take your machine to a Singer store and have it looked over. That's what I did several years ago...need to do it again! I'm going to JoAnne's this weekend to find the pattern and get some material. I'd like to find some flannel that has a little stretch for his pj's!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I'll see if there is one around here. Flannel sounds cute..I bet you can find some cute fabric for pj's. Silky ones won't matt their coat, but flannel is so cozy!:wub:

Dianne -- My parents' gave me my sewing machine for Christmas 1969 and I'm still using it. Just take your machine to a Singer store and have it looked over. That's what I did several years ago...need to do it again! I'm going to JoAnne's this weekend to find the pattern and get some material. I'd like to find some flannel that has a little stretch for his pj's!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts