Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Beverly Center today (a big mall in Beverly Hills) and there was a little pet store with loads of Maltese puppies. I was surprised at how many were there. They were in these little tiny spaces with several puppies in each area. It was pretty sad. There was quite an extensive variety of clothing, but I wasn't going to support them. Sad... they probably sell tons of puppies since it is such a popular prestiguous mall

Just wanted to share that with all

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
That is sad indeed but I do hope that the pups find good homes that will love them and treat them special.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I live a couple hours from the Amish country & there's ton of maltese puppies in their shops PLUS they have a dog auction once a month at the Flea market - Now that was really sad.
One maltese they were selling was even pregnant & they were selling her with unborn pups as a "bonus". One lady bought a yorkie puppy about 12 weeks old for $300.00 & she thought it was such a bargin. She was cute....but you know nothing about them!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why aren't there more laws out there that keep people from doing this? They have laws against animal cruelty (that they have to catch), they have laws about abandoning animals at shelters, so why not laws against breeding puppies with health defects, or not having health guarantees, or pet shop cage conditions, or something. Ok nevermind, I'm not going to get worked up. It's just so unfair. Animals are not just pets, when you buy them, you are getting a family member, a living, breathing, feeling LIFE. period.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I read an article about an Amish puppy mill owner. The witness said the facility was disgusting. What a heartless way to earn a buck.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
There was a documentary about the Amish Country puppy mills about how when the finally do get closed down another one opens up. They showed the filth on how the puppies live and the cruelty is horrible...makes me shudder just to think about it.......

I can't believe that the law isn't stricter about these things. Heck, you need a license for everything else....

Marie & Pacino

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So are these puppy mills run by Amish people? You would think that people who are that dedicated to their religion would have more respect for all living things.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
The Amish are a strange bunch. I remember watching 20/20 or something and there is a lot of incest and other disturbing things that go on in their communities, and most of it goes unreported because they are such a tight knit group. Very sad, seems like puppies and children are always the victims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts