Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have notice that Diamond sometimes like to retreat into a hide-out. We don't think it is a behaviour problem or anything. Sometimes she likes sitting on our laps; sometimes she likes sleeping in her bed, somtimes in our bed. Then sometimes we noticed she likes to go into the bedroom or bathroom where the lights are off (while we are in the living room watching tv or reading,etc) and sit on a mat (the bathmat in the washroom) or get into the hamper (in the bedroom). We think she is looking for a cozy place to rest a bit.
We are thinking that this behaviour suggests we should get her some sort of little "house" or covered bed that she can cuddle.
My family has a lot of cats and the cats like to go into the little soft cubes. Has anyone gotten their malt a little soft cube like this or something similar designed for small dogs (we saw some stuff on Bloomingtails).
Any recommendations/thoughts on what fluffs like?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Tiffany has a little doggie tent from IKEA, although she doesn't really hang out in there. She just likes to go in and try to dig. We put a towel in the bottom so I think she likes digging around in it. :blink:

Her favorite place though is her "hidey hole"

The little space between the fouton, recliner, and end table. She always takes naps there. And as you can see, she sometimes likes to sleep with her head and/or butt under furniture. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Mine do that too. They like to crawl under the space under an antique sofa we have stacked in the studio,there's just enough room for her to crawl under and peek her face out. Emily and Bitsy love to go under there...
I think they just like their space sometimes... as soon as we move ,they run right out and want to know what's going on,or they want to be held...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Sophie loves to be cozy inside of her houses. She has a princess tent and a furry house. She prefers the house (which is actually a kitty house ;) ) She love to sleep inside of it and when she is playing chase with Bailey she will retreat inside because Bailey is too big to go inside of it to get her!
IMG_1584.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Do we love our hideouts?
You betcha!

Now, I realize that Coco is NOT a cat... :w00t:
but I don't think she knows that!

Coco cat cube.jpg

They LOVE their cat cube.

They also have a tent.
Which Paris loves to beat up. :wacko1:

And hampers, they can never get enough hampers! lol

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
What cute pics of Sophie in her hideout and pink tent!
Hey, maybe she & Paris can go camping together! :HistericalSmiley:

Here is Paris and her tent. It is from IKEA.
It was a Christmas gift from her Grandparents.

Paris Next to Tent.jpg

Paris says: "Hey, this is MY tent! No humans aloud...unless you brought snacks??"

Paris in Tent.jpg

And the cat cube I posted before is from a Canadian company, Daba Doo.
Maybe Diamond would enjoy a cat cube?

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Tessa will crawl under the china cabinet and hang out there when she's tired. If we're upstairs, she crawls under the desk and behind the shredder where she can keep an eye on everything but still have her peace and quiet! Sweetness, well, she will just plop down anywhere!

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Sophie likes to find a nook or cranny to hide in, Ty doesn't want to be out of your site. When it's time to leave for work in the mroning I always have to go on a "sophie" hunt to find her hiding place of the day.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Sophie likes to find a nook or cranny to hide in, Ty doesn't want to be out of your site. When it's time to leave for work in the mroning I always have to go on a "sophie" hunt to find her hiding place of the day.
A "Sophie Hunt"! :HistericalSmiley:
That is very funny!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the pictures of the little fluffs enjoying their hideouts are adorable. I didn't know Ikea had dog tents (we live right downtown, so we never get to ikea, which is in the suburbs here). The tent seems like a good option for diamond, maybe along with a "cat" cube or furry house. We would like to give her a couple options for her cozy hiding needs, along with her regular bed, of course.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Diamond would LOVE a special hideout tent or cube I bet. She may not go in it all the time (or at all for a while), but eventually she would probably really enjoy it.

Last year I bought the pups 2 cheap pet tents at Target for $2 each in their dollar section, and while London doesn't really like them, Preston goes nuts in them! Most of the time he plays with them but sometimes he lays inside. :)

London "escapes" into her crate occasionally which is in our bedroom. If we're downstairs, she will "escape" to her plastic crate in the living room. Preston likes to lay on a plush bear rug (made for babies) downstairs or in a tent upstairs if he needs to "escape". A lot of the times they will both lay in the upstairs hallway by the stairs with the light off, in the dark.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Tyler likes to hide inside the bag I carry him in sometimes. I keep it tucked in a small area next to a couch and a door. I'll be looking all around for him and then I'll suddenly find his little head peeking out. Kind of like this:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Piper hides in her carrier, which I got at Target for $20. She also hides in the living room under a small table that sits at the corner of the sofa and a big chair. She has a bed in there, but only goes into it when the cats are chasing her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts