Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Why is he missing a tooth at nine months?
He probably never had that tooth to begin with. It's just like any other minor thing such as teeth not meeting in a scissor bite, etc. Sometimes they don't have all of their teeth, just like people. The pup may have had all of his baby teeth, but there probably was no adult tooth underneath to push through.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
He probably never had that tooth to begin with. It's just like any other minor thing such as teeth not meeting in a scissor bite, etc. Sometimes they don't have all of their teeth, just like people. The pup may have had all of his baby teeth, but there probably was no adult tooth underneath to push through.
Exactly. He's a gorgeous dog who had all his baby teeth and that's why he was kept as a show hopeful. His adult teeth came in and his baby teeth fell out, all except one baby tooth that he still has but no adult tooth behind it, hence the statement that he is missing a tooth.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
He's absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Exactly. He's a gorgeous dog who had all his baby teeth and that's why he was kept as a show hopeful. His adult teeth came in and his baby teeth fell out, all except one baby tooth that he still has but no adult tooth behind it, hence the statement that he is missing a tooth.
Thanks for explaining that to me. He sure is adorable!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he is adorable! My Lacy is missing two adult teeth...one on each side. (the little teeth on the sides between the canine and the molars). She just never had them.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
I keep telling my little rescue guy, Butchie, that if he doesn't hurry up and grow some more coat, I'm going to go for this little angel! :wub:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
He's no longer listed. My little rescue earned enough of a reprieve ... still I'm sad that gorgeous little MaltAngel is not mine. I wonder if someone who visits this board got him? :)

I'll just have to work harder on Butchie's beauty treatments--as well as his behavior. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts