Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use collars on their fluffbutts? I never have. I stick to harnesses. I keep finding beautiful collar and leash sets, but never harness/leash sets. I was wondering if it's doable? I have always worried about the delicate trachea.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I use a collar or a show lead. Sophie never pulls and I take the collar off in the house and always take it off before putting her in the crate.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Cassie is fine with a collar. She also doesn't pull. Bogie on the other hand has a very sensitive trachea, and I only use harnesses on him. The slightest pull will set him to coughing. I have some very cute harness and leash sets. Check out some of the SM vendors.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie wears a collar with her ID all the time. I use a show lead or a flexi-leash for walks. I have found one small matt on her neck from the collar, in 6 months. She doesn't cough or choke with it.

I saw a velvet collar and leash set on a Poodle web site that she will be getting for her Bday or Santa may bring it!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I think it's all about personal preference if your dog doesn't pull. Personally, I prefer a harness vest (my dog doesn't pull either)...but sadly most of the ones I see, aren't really my taste...I wish there were more choices available that were more classic looking rather than being covered with add-ons or just juvenile looking.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's all about personal preference if your dog doesn't pull. Personally, I prefer a harness vest (my dog doesn't pull either)...but sadly most of the ones I see, aren't really my taste...I wish there were more choices available that were more classic looking rather than being covered with add-ons or just juvenile looking.[/QUOTE

I agree completely. I really don't like the selections available. I would prefer something classic and sophisticated.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll go with the gentle leader to train my girls not to pull and try to switch over to collars.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have never used a collar with my malt and never will.
I use the "buddy belt" . It's pink leather, comfortable and durable.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I use both. I use collars to attach all of their identification tags onto and they wear them every time we go out. I use a harness to walk them.
exactly the same with my malts, except that I keep their collars on also when we are inside.

Kat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts