Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, it's Athen's mommy,

I wanted to get some advice from you, Athen is in need of a personal makeover. I see that all your little ones are all cute and dressed up. Where do you find cute little attire for our Maltese. My Athen wights about 8.5 pounds, is that normal. I want to be able to dress him up and take cute pictures of him to post in this site. Could you please advice. I appreaciate all your cooperation in making Athen look nice.

One more tiny yet emberresing thing, he's still not quite potty trained. I have been having such a hard time. I've already bought a spray called stay off and does'nt seem to work. Any advice? This website is so helpful for people like me that want to provide the best for their little maltese. Thank you everyone for all your help

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi Athen's Mommy !! Just wanted to stop by to say hello, I am a new "momma" and we don't have our Sisse quite yet. But I can tell you she already has a wardrobe waiting for her at our house!! LOL. I have found the cutest clothes at the website called www.Kingwholesale.com. I think their prices are very reasonable and they quite often have many things on sale. Their shipping is FREE, I really like that part!! I have also found a few cute things at PetSmart (although I think they are overpriced). Good luck with the "makeover", we all need an update now and then!!
and about the potty training, well, I have no advice since I have not been there yet! But you can bet I will be reading all the reply's from the "experts" here on SM!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I love http://www.barkindogclothes.com. I shared the site when I joined SM and I think others have been happy with their clothes.

Rena is delightful to work with. She is fast, reasonable and happily does custom fitting. She is also fussy. I recently ordered a shirt for Lady on a pale pink background with white lettering, but the lettering in this particular embroidery was small and it just didn't show up well on the pink. She sent me the shirt with a note saying she wasn't happy with it, but for me to take a look at it and decide if I wanted to try another color. She was right and I changed the design. She sent me a new shirt for no extra $$$.

I'd love to see a picture of Athen! FYI, 8.5 pounds is a bit larger than the standard which is no more than 7 pounds, but many of us have larger Maltese. My Lady is 9 pounds and is a perfect "small" at barking dog clothes with no adjustments.

Happy shopping!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Hi!
I have a larger baby too...I bought some great stuff online at Barkindogclothes!!! She takes the measurements you send of your baby and makes the shirt by hand. She will even make the undersides shorter for the boys if you want them that way...and she made leash/harness holes in the tops of mine. Her prices are REALLY reasonable...and I had the shirts in just a few days! Brinkley has a few cute things, but he really doesn't care for clothes!
He would rather be "naked"!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jan 27 2005, 03:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quincymom
I really like there harnesses but there is no way I would pay $150 for a harness and leash!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31936
[/B][/QUOTE]

I bought both my boys La Cinopelca leases and harnesses from:

http://www.alpenschatz.com/soft_leather_ha...es.htm#calfskin

These are pricey too, but the best harnesses I have found. The leather is soft and thin, made for a small dog. I bought the bright blue ones, they really are beautiful, and I figure since they are now the only ones I use, over the years I will get my moneys worth. (but now I want red ones,too!)
Quincymom

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Oh, they are lovely! How does the leather work on their coats? Do they mat more or less than with the nylon harnesses?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jan 27 2005, 04:27 PM
Oh, they are lovely! How does the leather work on their coats? Do they mat more or less than with the nylon harnesses?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=31950
[/QUOTE]

I haven't had too much of a problem, I use them just for walking or visiting, take them off right away and brush out under the armpits. I found the nylon or harder/wider leather harnesses would mat a lot more and the nylon would sometimes seem to "cut" into the armpits when I had them snug enough to be escape proof. These harnesses have nice big head-holes, but neither one of my boys has been able to wiggle out of them.
Quincymom

·
Registered
30 Posts
You guys are so lucky, there is hardly anywhere in NZ to buy clothes for my brood, and those you can find are expensive. Have any of you thought about selling your old ones . I have managed to get a couple of outfits at a reasonable price off ebay and also some from an auction site here in NZ. I love dressing my babies up. You can see them all I have 3 maltese 2 westies and 1 bichon in my photo gallery, I will have to search the internet to see what I can find in the sites you have all mentioned to see if they do overseas orders

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have thought about making my own. Some of them look complicated but the basic t shirt should be fine, I will wait till one wears out a bit and use it as a pattern as me and the sewing maching are not the best of friends lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by westiemaltese@Jan 28 2005, 12:09 AM
I have thought about making my own. Some of them look complicated but the basic t shirt should be fine, I will wait till one wears out a bit and use it as a pattern as me and the sewing maching are not the best of friends lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32033
[/QUOTE]

Hi Westiemaltese,

I'm from Australia and I can't find clothes anywhere around here either!

I ended up making a few t-shirts and I'm about to order some from overseas... only way I can get them!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts