Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i have a quick question, my mitzi has some kind of tan color on top of her head and in like 2 more places on her body, and her ears, her breeder said that this will go away later, that she has this color bcuz she is getting her black points. How many of you have heard this ?? and do you think it will go away ? i have pictures of her when she was new born and shes shiny white. thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
A little "lemon" color is normal .... some have it; some don't. Sometimes it fades totally away;, sometimes there is still a little left. My first Malt, Rosebud, had a spot that never faded...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It might not ALL go away but a lot of it proubly will, sunny was almost all tan when he was little but at 8 months he is almost all white.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
chelseys ears were a bit taned and nearly faded. but she also has a light lemon colour in the middle of her back. That was not there when we first got her.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey@Feb 28 2005, 07:35 PM
chelseys ears were a bit taned and nearly faded.  but she also has a light lemon colour in the middle of her back.  That was not there when we first got her.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38689
[/QUOTE]

I swear I think that is what happened with Rosebud, my first Malt. It was like.. hmmmm was that always there and I didn't notice or did it just now show up?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Feb 28 2005, 08:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Chelsey
@Feb 28 2005, 07:35 PM
chelseys ears were a bit taned and nearly faded.  but she also has a light lemon colour in the middle of her back.  That was not there when we first got her.
I swear I think that is what happened with Rosebud, my first Malt. It was like.. hmmmm was that always there and I didn't notice or did it just now show up?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38695
[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, I know it was not there before. It is very light but I can see it. Anyway I'm not worried the breeder said a little lemon color is good.. I don't remember why... but her explanation put me at ease.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Bailey had lemon down his hairline when he was a puppy,but you cant see it anymore.Kirbie has a little bit there also but i assume it to will fade as he gets older also.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Chelsey+Feb 28 2005, 07:50 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 28 2005, 08:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Chelsey
@Feb 28 2005, 07:35 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38695

[/QUOTE]

yeah, I know it was not there before. It is very light but I can see it. Anyway I'm not worried the breeder said a little lemon color is good.. I don't remember why... but her explanation put me at ease.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38702
[/B][/QUOTE]

Unless he is a show dog, I wouldn't give it a second thought....

The Maltese standard says this about it:

"Coat and Color - The coat is single, that is, without undercoat. It hangs long, flat, and silky over the sides of the body almost, if not quite, to the ground. The long head-hair may be tied up in a topknot or it may be left hanging. Any suggestion of kinkiness, curliness, or woolly texture is objectionable. Color, pure white. Light tan or lemon on the ears is permissible, but not desirable".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts