Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you are needlework fanatic like I am, but here is a link to a beautiful counted cross stitch pattern for an Angel Maltese. Scroll down about halfway - she is March (they call her a Bichon, but she is definately a Maltese).

http://www.vsccs.com/charts/FreeCharts.html

It is beautiful made up. It would be especially beautiful done in red or green instead of purple for the holidays.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wow thanks! I didn't know you could get free patterns either... that sure looks like a maltese to me

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I am too blind for counted cross stitch. I tried a little sampler and couldn't finish it! I can do needlepoint, though, and found a needlepoint canvas artists who will make a painted canvas of Pico from a photo. Wish I could afford it but I still have a project in the works so can't even tempt myself right now.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boom Boom's mom:

I have other patterns for Maltese so when you finish that one, let me know. I'd be happy to copy them for you. I have the Pegasus head study, among others.

http://www.crossstitchunlimited.com/detail.cfm?ID=34

I have a whole wall in a bedroom set up for grooming with a grooming table, dryer on a gooseneck, shelves for lotions and potions, plus a 3 drawer thing for clothes. Since I practically have a grooming salon set up, I decided to "class it up" as best as possible. I stencilled little mauve pawprints on the white shelves and drawers and have some of my finished cross stitch pieces on the wall behind it.

Sort of a Maltese shrine, don't you think?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Marj,
That sounds so cute. I would love to set up a little Maltese corner in my office/doggyroom. Post some pics please, I am sure we'd all love to see how it looks!
Quincymom

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the site. I will get the thread and get started on it soon.
Wouldn't it be darling on a Christmas Sweatshirt?

Doubt that I could get it done in time for Christmas though.

I think it is a Malt also. We could even tie on little bows with a bell....the possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
none of the links in this thread work anymore... :(

I'm on the prowl for a cute maltese dog pattern... I would like one that has long hair and maybe a top knot. I bought one off of ebay but i'm not happy with it... it looks like they put a picture into one of those pattern programs on the computer and the colors are yellowish... maltese are not yellow unless they pee on themselves!

can anyone help me?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Awwww I think the link is down. I missed it.

Marge mailed me the two other cross stitches and they are cute and simple to do.
I plan on giving them for Christmas gifts. Now only if I can find the time to finish them.......

Thanks Marge for help. You are always a dear!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Marj,
That sounds so cute. I would love to set up a little Maltese corner in my office/doggyroom. Post some pics please, I am sure we'd all love to see how it looks!
Quincymom[/B]

would love to see pics of the room. i don't have the patience to do cross stich, i did make my husband a bowling towel and then had a couple of unfinished projects

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I'm on the prowl for a cute maltese dog pattern... I would like one that has long hair and maybe a top knot. I bought one off of ebay but i'm not happy with it... it looks like they put a picture into one of those pattern programs on the computer and the colors are yellowish... maltese are not yellow unless they pee on themselves!

can anyone help me?[/B]
Pegasus makes a really nice one. It's done in true white with pale grays and Kresnik filament mixed in for sparkle. It is very tedious because every stitch seems to be a different color so you have to work in one inch squares. It's lovely finished, though.

[attachment=36479:maltesepegasus.JPG]

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That's really pretty!!

I may have to learn how to cross stitch so I can make one :)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

can anyone help me?[/B]
Pegasus makes a really nice one. It's done in true white with pale grays and Kresnik filament mixed in for sparkle. It is very tedious because every stitch seems to be a different color so you have to work in one inch squares. It's lovely finished, though.

[/B]
Thank u marj! I ordered this pattern online yesterday and now i have to wait..they are ordering it in for me they said... hopefully its not discontinued. The pattern sounds even prettier in person from your description! Sparkle! :)

I was wondering if you still have any other patterns of maltese? These links in this thread no longer work.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

can anyone help me?[/B]

[/B]
I just got this pattern in the mail... but i dont see anywhere in the pattern where you are to use Kresnik filament??? Where does this get used?
thanks!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I just got this pattern in the mail... but i dont see anywhere in the pattern where you are to use Kresnik filament??? Where does this get used?
thanks![/B]
Unless the pattern has been changed, if you look at the color key the first color listed is White and the symbol is a dot. The second color listed is White with Pearl Balger Blending Filament and the symbol is a dash. I did not use the filament because I decided to torture myself by doing this on 32 count linen using one strand of floss and stitching over one thread. The finished design measures 2.5" x 2.5" and I used it as the front flap of a small purse. I love the purse, it was worth the effort, but I'd never do a repeat. It's definitely a one of a kind. Here's a picture ....

MaryH

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
thanks![/B]
Unless the pattern has been changed, if you look at the color key the first color listed is White and the symbol is a dot. The second color listed is White with Pearl Balger Blending Filament and the symbol is a dash. I did not use the filament because I decided to torture myself by doing this on 32 count linen using one strand of floss and stitching over one thread. The finished design measures 2.5" x 2.5" and I used it as the front flap of a small purse. I love the purse, it was worth the effort, but I'd never do a repeat. It's definitely a one of a kind. Here's a picture ....

MaryH

[/B]
Thank you for answering my question!
Where can i buy White with Pearl Balger Blending Filament ?? AC Moore?

My pattern just says to use white for the dot (.) and dash (-) symbols in the pattern... doesnt say anything about filament.

Your purse came out beautiful... its worth the effort!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts