Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would share my little trick that my clever little Lilly can do. She does the normal sit, stay, paw etc

I felt that she should learn a fun thing, so remembering Toy Story 2. I first taught her that when I make a gun sign with my hands and say "bang bang" she would roll over on her back and play dead. She loves rolling on her back for a tummy tickle anyway and understands stay.

We are now working on "reach for the sky" she loves to stand up on her hind legs and beg and I have not really said anything when she does that so now its going to be "reach for the sky" and the hand signall will be my hands put up.

Has anyone else taught their dogs any fun little tricks.

Lilly just loves it and gets so excited :D :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
That sounds sooooo cute!

Tricks? Well the only thingTiki will do is sit..... he will sit for his treat and sit and sit and sit. We have tried stay, down, up and other easy commands but he just SITS looking at you with those beautiful black eyes waiting for that treat.

About 80% of the time he will come and he will usually be quiet if you tell him to. He does understand "lets go to bed" and will run in my room and jump on the bed when it is time to go. When we tell him to "get your toy" he will go find a toy to play with. He also knows "go bye bye", "go for a walk" and "get in the car" These three are things he LOVES, so he will do them even if you don't ask :D

Sadly that is it for us
and I realy wouldn't call those tricks; except maybe sit

Judi

·
Registered
13 Posts
aww that's same with Mochi...all he really knows is "Sit "and "go outside?" He's getting really skillful as in ...learning to run and jump onto our high bed....and defending himself with our other dog Gizmo (1yr old pug)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Pico will sit, down and stay. What I'm teaching him now is "twirl" where he stands up on hind legs and turns in a circle. I tried to make it "dance" but he confused it with "down" so that didn't work.

Of course, right now he only "twirls" for a bite of pork rind held in my hand and circled above his head. I hate to think how disappointed and confused he's going to be if he "twirls" and there's no treat.....

I also tried "rollover" but I'm learning like the other poster that you have to name it when they're doing it and then treat them for it. But I agree, that it is stimulating for them and they love learning tricks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wish I could teach Sydney some tricks...the only thing she does now is sit and that's only if you have a honey nut cheerio in your hand. Sometimes she'll retreive a ball, but only if she is in the mood. Hopefully as she grows older she will be more interested in learning tricks.

I could just imagine your pup twirling around....that is precious!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts