Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we find the dates of dog shows throughout the country?
I would love to see the maltese being shown.

Thanks,

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just went to my first one on Oaks, PA and it was so awesome!!! I can't wait to go to another one. I loved, loved, loved watching the Maltese and I even got to meet a member from here. I am in NJ too so let me know when you are going to one and maybe we can meet and gush over the Maltese together!!! :wub:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information, but how do you know which shows the maltese will be in? Some of the shows state the breed but others do not.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Hey...all you NJ members....I'm near Long Beach Island (just north of A.C.) are we close????

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Here is another site to go to for dog show superintendents. The two main ones are Info dog as everyone has given you, and Onofrio. Finding out how many Maltese are possible going to be present is looking at the Premium List. On Onofrio you pull up the show (closed shows) and then click on breed counts and scroll down to Maltese. Just because Maltese are listed as being there doesn't mean the Maltese will actually be there. Some people double enter and go where the competition is favorable for them.

American Kennel Club - Licensed Superintendents

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey...all you NJ members....I'm near Long Beach Island (just north of A.C.) are we close????
Hi Pat....how lucky are you to be near LBI!!! I am soo jealous....I love it there!! We spent many days on the beach there this past summer. We are about an hour from there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This was something I was wondering recently too, but searched around and figured it out... though I'm in Canada, it looks like it's the same in the US.

The most thorough way to search would be through the AKC site imo--click on Events, click on the Conformation tab, etc. That way you see all the shows in whatever state(s) you select, regardless of the superintendent (there are more than Onofrio and Infodog).

CKC in Canada has a similar way to search and that's how I keep track of what's coming up. Though there aren't direct links to the superintendents' sites there, it's usually obvious what their web address is from their email address. So I go to the super's site if I'm interested in seeing more info and select to see the Judging Schedule if it's available yet (this will be after the date that entries close, but a little bit before the show--a week or two maybe?). Then you can see exactly how many maltese (and other breeds) are entered each day. Around here, it's always 1 or 0 maltese. And the 1 is a very nice one, but it would be nice to see more!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts