Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone.
I was just wondering, is there such a thing as a maltese festival? I think it would be sooo nice if there's one like that where you all get together with your maltese and meet each other. If there isn't one, we should start one with members from this site. I think it's fun to travel and spend a day with maltese lovers! What do you all think????

Lani and Princess

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I was thinking about this same thing this past weekend. :D
My husband and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert, he is part of the online fan club, and we went to a pre-show dinner thing, where they gave away ticket upgrades etc. ANYWAY, there were several groups of people there...mostly women of course...that followed Kenny on his tours ALL over the country! I'm like, "where do they get all that money?!" He does a show...sometimes two...every weekend from March or April through September!!! Good Grief!! I like him...but THAT is NUTS!!!!! :wacko:

Although I DO love Kenny, my husband is a HUGE fan...and I got to thinking...he spends time on the online kenny forum...I spend time on the online Maltese forum...those Kenny fans are CRAZY for following him all over...BUT...It would be fun to travel somewhere and meet up with other Maltese fans!!! We are just as crazy over the furbabies, as Kenny fans are over him!

A central place...like Missourri or something...so we could all meet in the middle somewhere...that would be SO fun! Can you imagine us all checking into a hotel with all our white fluff-butts!!!!
What a hoot we would be!!!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A central place...like Missourri or something...so we could all meet in the middle somewhere...that would be SO fun! Can you imagine us all checking into a hotel with all our white fluff-butts!!!!
What a hoot we would be!!!!!

As long as we don't pick a state where there are Hurricanes
I think it would be FUN!!! Yeah, can you imagine all the fluffy doggies coming around one after another. People will be like What the #^$* is going on.
I can't imagine how Princess or other maltese would react with all the excitement. Maybe we'll find out that our doggies are related like great grandparents, cousins or something. That's kinda cool!

Lani and Princess :lol:

·
Registered
939 Posts
OMG... I can see it now; Adorable little maltese all "motoring" around the lobby and huffing at each other. Makes me smile :D :D :D :D just to think about it.

Judi

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OMG... I can see it now; Adorable little maltese all "motoring" around the lobby and huffing at each other. Makes me smile just to think about it.

LOL :lol: "Motoring" and "Huffing" says it right! What hotel/motel would want us all, I wonder? What a picture that would make in the press.....25 Maltese being passed around to be kissed and hugged on by 25 crazed people

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lani, on September 26th if you go to the bow wow meow pet fair fair info

you'll see at least two little maltese. lol. i'm going betwen 2-4pm.

and did you go to the Pierce College Nuts for Mutts fair? it was sooo much fun. on October 18th they're going to have a show about it on animal planet at 5 & 8 pm. ellie was on camera for a while...so we're hoping it will show up. i'll be posting a new thread about it to remind everyone.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doctorcathy,
We might be able to make it. :D I've never heard about the bow wow meow pet fair. But it sounds FUN! I didn't go to the Mutts fair but I'll be sure to watch Ellie on animal planet!

OMG.....you ladies are so funny! Pico's parent, it's so true who would want us all!!!
Eventhough we'll make everyone smile and go OHHHHH

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Whatever hotel we decided to stay at...we could promise them lots of publicity...because if we called the news station to tell them what we were doing, they would be there in a heartbeat to see it! They are always looking for a good story...and we could also advertise spoiledmaltese.com----------the ideas are flowing.....

It would also be great to put names with faces...don't you think?
it would almost be weird...like a huge group/blind date or something...lol

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHAHA what if we get a bunch of them mixed up!??!?! will we be able to tell them apart
HAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I was going to go to that maltese specialty show thing in orlando (its a few hours away from me and before we moved it was like and hour) but i cant becuase its a mon- fri thing and i have school.....not really something i could proubly even bring my puppy to though becuase its more of a dog show still thought it would be cool to see a dog show of all maltese

J

·
0 Posts
It sounds like fun! I would love to see all the babies together...one big white, fluffy cloud running around in a hotel lobby.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oprah is always asking for "new" show ideas.
We could write into her show about unusual friendships made in online forums.
I mean, we are a very diverse group...from all over the country....different ages...different jobs...different lifestyles...etc. But we all have ONE thing in common that keeps us coming back to this site...even has us ADDICTED to this site.

She loves her dogs-they ARE her kids. She would understand us-even though they are not maltese (can't remember what they are).
Can you imagine all of our furry babies in the audience?
And what great publicity for spoiledmaltese...and glamourdog's website....we could do plugs on both.
Joe could be the special guest that gets to SIT with Oprah....
FUN!
(love that new smilie!!!)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 19 2004, 07:43 AM
Oprah is always asking for "new" show ideas.
We could write into her show about unusual friendships made in online forums.
I mean, we are a very diverse group...from all over the country....different ages...different jobs...different lifestyles...etc. But we all have ONE thing in common that keeps us coming back to this site...even has us ADDICTED to this site.

She loves her dogs-they ARE her kids. She would understand us-even though they are not maltese (can't remember what they are).
Can you imagine all of our furry babies in the audience?
And what great publicity for spoiledmaltese...and glamourdog's website....we could do plugs on both.
Joe could be the special guest that gets to SIT with Oprah....
FUN!

(love that new smilie!!!)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9542
[/QUOTE]
That is an awesome idea!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tlunn,
I think that is a great idea.
I LOOOOOVE Oprah!
Joe, What do you think ???? Should we all meet in Chicago????

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lani, that'd be cool if you went. its not as cool as the nuts for mutts fair---but you get to see booths and different dogs.

that'd be pretty awesome if we went on opera.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
That is a great idea! As far as a central location to meet...Des Moines, IA is pretty much in the middle of the country. There is also a couple of dog parks in the city. The one in West Des Moines (where I live) has a special fenced off area for small dogs. Just an idea.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I love the Oprah idea. I'll look into it and see. We should all write to Oprah that way she knows that we are all interested. How fun for all of us to meet.

Ok...here's the website to write the show idea. I just wrote them so if you would like, here you go!!!

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeO...plugId=B2100004

1 - 20 of 26 Posts