Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a new malt mommy I am perplexed with all the grooming requirements. Can anyone reccomend a grooming video they found helpful and clear? I found two on line. One from pure paws and the other from AMA. I want to give the best care and think a video guide will be helpful. Also, does anyone use the dental cleaning pads from the vets office? I was reccomended those for my sheltie whom would let me do anything to him EXCEPT clean his teeth. Do they do the job as well as a tooth brush? Thanks.
Fach

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Fach@Jul 3 2005, 05:25 PM
Being a new malt mommy I am perplexed with all the grooming requirements. Can anyone reccomend a grooming video they found helpful and clear? I found two on line. One from pure paws and the other from AMA. I want to give the best care and think a video guide will be helpful. Also, does anyone use the dental cleaning pads from the vets office? I was reccomended those for my sheltie whom would let me do anything to him EXCEPT clean his teeth. Do they do the job as well as a tooth brush? Thanks.
Fach
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77606
[/QUOTE]

Is the grooming guide Maltese related or general? Have you seen JMM's grooming guides posted on SM? Until you get your video you may find these helpful:

Grooming Tools Pictorial

Brush Comparison

Puppy Cut Pictorial

Top Knot Pictorial

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! These pictures say it all! Very in depth. Maybe I should rely on a pro. groomer for major cutting and trimming. Then do weekly maitenance myself. i'm a bit intimidated with doing the entire job. I guess the video should include the things I need to tackle myself. Such as trimming between toe pads and things like that the average person might not think of doing. Maybe i can work up to the full grooming

Fach

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I just wanted to say there are some grooming books and video's at petedge I just skimmed the list, but I didn't see any specific malt videos. The set of clippers I got came with a dvd and covered the basics. I think the closest to a malt in my dvd was a shih tzu. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can! The only thing is that you have to learn from your experiences. Usually I can see some area's that I need to go over again a day or two after I trim the boys down. Poor little Peanut had to walk around with a major chop job the first time I cut his hair, but now I still don't do a perfect job, but I think it looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Jul 3 2005, 08:48 PM
I just wanted to say there are some grooming books and video's at petedge I just skimmed the list, but I didn't see any specific malt videos.  The set of clippers I got came with a dvd and covered the basics.  I think the closest to a malt in my dvd was a shih tzu.  Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!  The only thing is that you have to learn from your experiences.  Usually I can see some area's that I need to go over again a day or two after I trim the boys down.  Poor little Peanut had to walk around with a major chop job the first time I cut his hair, but now I still don't do a perfect job, but I think it looks pretty good.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=77694
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I was a bit intimidated by the photos. The poor girl would end up looking like Mr. T if I didn't have some REALLY good guidance

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am bumping this old thread.

I was wondering if anyone had come across a good video/dvd for trimming/scissoring? I have seen JMM"s great tutorial on clipping. But I was more interested in scissor cutting. I am a visual learner and all that I have found on the web are written instructions. I also know that there are alot of expert online searchers on this forum and maybe you can find something that I can't!

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts