Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the tropiclean shampoo or conditioner. My groomer uses this product on Baxter and suggested I use it also. I have used it for about three weeks now and it smells great and his coat is soft but this is not a whitening shampoo and the ends of his hair seem a little dry.
I have considered changing but since some shampoos are a bit pricey, thought I would get opinions before switching.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I use the Coat Handler shampoo every few weeks and that is about as whitening as I go. Just do the whitening shampoo once a month. I would not use it every week or it tends to dry out the coat and you won't notice the difference as much. I also rotate in a clarifying shampoo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by DanaH@Jan 13 2005, 01:37 PM
Has anyone tried the tropiclean shampoo or conditioner.  My groomer uses this product on Baxter and suggested I use it also.  I have used it for about three weeks now and it smells great and his coat is soft but this is not a whitening shampoo and the ends of his hair seem a little dry.
  I have considered changing but since some shampoos are a bit pricey, thought I would get opinions before switching.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29518
[/QUOTE]

I have used the tropicean shampoo for white coats; my vet sells this brand. At the beginnning I liked it, but I noticed how dry his coat was, so I stop using it and swith to another brand. I has a great smell but I think it is too hard on the coat, especially the whitening shampoo which I learned you use just once a month. Regarding the price, I paid $10.00 for one bottle. I have also used Pet Silk whihc is around $6.00 or $7.00 + shipping. But, I'm still looking for a better brand because my Pochi has a lot, but a lot of hair and Pet Silk make his coat too soft and extremely fluffy. I think I will try Coat Handler which was recommended by a show breeder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts