Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I lost Kitzi's harness today at the airport & it is a long time since I bought a new one, so I need recommendations, please. It has to be step-in, something he can wear in his car seatbelt, no buckles, on the cooler side, & possibly somewhat reflective. I think he is a size small, w/15/16 in. chest. He likes the softer mesh type but we are open. TIA
Edit: very important that it is very washable in the w machine!

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
That’s a tough one...no buckles.
i use 9 different ones depending on the day and time of year but they pretty much all have buckles, except for the hip doggie step in harness, but that’s not really safe for the car.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have really bad joint issues & buckles are not the best for that!

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
I’m sorry. I’m no help. The hip doggie on far left, pink black and white leopard one is by far the easiest and my go to harness but I don’t think they are that safe for the car.
That being said, I don’t think if there was an accident, any harness would be of help with our dogs being so small.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for suggestions. I have found the same kind that I lost thanks to someone on FB! I will order today.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
Thanks to all for suggestions. I have found the same kind that I lost thanks to someone on FB! I will order today.
I saw that someone referred the choke free harness.
Please let me know what you think of them, if that’s what your getting.
Ling Ling hates the sound of Velcro or snaps, so I’m always on the lookout for a step in that’s well made.
Those harnesses look very nice.

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Gigi recommended it---I was considering the soft one (not leather)--it looks great, but I opted for the bark appeal (as this is what we had that I lost & I have had it for years)---I know it will fit in a small. It also has more mesh fabric which means more tick coverage as I use my own made-up tick deterrent adding it to the harness. We were in the "deep woods" of MD. these last 3 wks & I am glad we had lots of coverage. I did discover recently that there are 2 types of Rose Geranium oil & I was using the less effective one, so I ordered 2 bottles of the better stuff & added it to my already made-up spray & it was effective I think.
I would trust Gigi's opinion on the one she recommended though---she is a physician & extremely thorough.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
Yes, Gigi recommended it---I was considering the soft one (not leather)--it looks great, but I opted for the bark appeal (as this is what we had that I lost & I have had it for years)---I know it will fit in a small. It also has more mesh fabric which means more tick coverage as I use my own made-up tick deterrent adding it to the harness. We were in the "deep woods" of MD. these last 3 wks & I am glad we had lots of coverage. I did discover recently that there are 2 types of Rose Geranium oil & I was using the less effective one, so I ordered 2 bottles of the better stuff & added it to my already made-up spray & it was effective I think.
I would trust Gigi's opinion on the one she recommended though---she is a physician & extremely thorough.
Thankyou. I think I’ll order one!

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi I have a step in harness for Cody it’s called Gooby Fleece Dog Vest . It’s a step in and covers up real good. I bought it at Baxterboo.com. They have many step in leashes. I came across one that’s called step in cirque dog harness. They have many colors. Hope you find a good one. Hope you and your babies are doing good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Target has a small harness that uses velcro and finishes with a snap and loop. If your pup doesn't pull, you could forgo the snap and just put the leash on the loop. Velcro is pretty strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts