Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Christmas movie junkie! I love anything Christmasy--especially Hallmark and ABC Family. My friends all know that my holiday is spent in front of the TV with hot coffee and cookies. So last night I was watching The Eloise Christmas movie (who doesn't love her???) and there in the lobby of the Plaza was a little girl holding a Maltese
Eloise goes over and pets the malt and says "How cute!".

I got all excited and Bella barked.

Just thought I would share!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have seen Malts in movies too. Sometimes I don't know if I should be happy or sad. Everyone seeing that movie is going to want a Malt and the puppy mills and backyard breeders are going to have a tall order to fill. Also sometimes the movies show these dogs in pet stores and we all know how bad pet stores are!
I also hate it when they have other animals on TV and don't treat them right. I just saw the movie "Raising Helen" and I was disgusted at the treatment of that Red Ear Slider! The boy carried it around in a tiny cage the size of the turtle and it's home was a fish bowl not even big enough for a gold fish! Then they wondered why it died! A turtle that size should have been in at least a 120 gal tank! Now any kid that has seen that movie will ask for a turtle and the parent will get it for them thinking it's easy to care for because it only needs a tiny bowl to live in! Hollywood should research things like this so that they can set a GOOD example, not a bad one!
Ok sorry to ruin your post, I know you were excited.
It's just one of my peeves I guess.

·
Registered
831 Posts
On Tuesday last week, I was watching Emergency vets (animal planet) and they show a maltese, i think her name was Sadie, she has a liver probelm, the vets did surgery on her and she was okay after the surgery. She was a cutie.

I was happy tha she got better

I also get really exiceted to see Malts on tv.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There is an animal show on every Sunday morning. I watch it just before I go to church. I forget what it's called but I love it because the guy really loves his animals. I don't agree with what he tells people to feed their dogs but at least he tells them to look for the first thing to be a meat product instead of a grain. Anyway he always tells you how to care for each animal and tells you all the work involved. Then he says, if you don't think you can handle all the work it takes to care for this particular animal, then don't get it. LOL he's so funny. Anyway each show he talks about a different kind of animal and then at the end of the show he answers email questions from viewers. He always tells them like it is and always suggests a vet visit if it's a qusetion that he feels a vet would be more qualified to answer .He still gives his answer but also suggests going to the vet because he says he doesn't always have the answers and a qualified vet would know better than him.
Anyway I love it when shows show you the proper way to care for an animal and instead of trying to talk you INTO buying a pet, they try to talk you OUT of buying it because it might be too much work. That way only someone who is really willing to put the work into it will get the pet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts