Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to flip through the TV shows while getting ready to go out for dinner when I came across the movie To Be or Not To Be with Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft. In it she has a maltese with her half the time. This movie was made in 1983.
Anyone else know of old movies with malts?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
The Great Gatsby film(1953, based on 1920s). All the high class women had little dogs and toted them around everywhere. Other than the three maltese(with bows in the hair) their were papillons, pugs, chihuahuas, ect. LOL Maltese rock. B) I watched it in my class and everytime I saw a maltese I yelled out "It's GIGI!" :HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Great Gatsby film. All the high class women had little dogs and toted them around everywhere. Other than the three maltese(with bows in the hair) their were papillons, pugs, chihuahuas, ect. LOL Maltese rock. B) I watched it in my class and everytime I saw a maltese I yelled out "It's GIGI!" :HistericalSmiley:
I just want to say real quick ... that is the most gorgeous picture of Gigi ... she almost dosen't look real :wub:

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
It isn't that old, but there were some Maltese in the movie "The Whole Nine Yards" with Mathew Perry and Bruce Willis. They belonged to Rosanna Arquette in the movie who played Mathew Perry's nasty wife. There were also some in the movie "Any Given Sunday" with Cameron Diaz and Al Pacino. I really did not like that movie and I wanted to because of the Malts in it.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Well, this isn't old nor it is a movie..but I saw a maltese on the TV series "Burn Notice"..one episode where the main woman-forget the character's name (the actress Gabrielle Anwar) had to pretend to be a 'rich lady' to set up some kidnappers, so she had a Maltese in her arms. lol.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Wow, didn't know there were so many movies with Maltese. I will have to google and see what I can find!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts