Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So sorry I haven’t been here in quite a while, I have been in the process of renovating my entire condo, and I’m now within the home stretch. Most of my furniture was displaced and within the last few days I’ve been moving it back. Sugarplum has been jumping up on things like the dining room table, the desk top, coffee table and end tables! I know Maltese and many other small and toy breed dogs jump onto sofas, chairs and into bed with their owners, but has anyone’s Maltese done what I mentioned? I’ve never seen a dog do that, maybe she’s been learning it from the cat, cats like to be in high places and as many of you know, she was a puppy mill rescue and didn’t live a normal life as a dog before I adopted her.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,792 Posts
LOL! Sign her up for the circus!
We had a rescue who got on our DR table a couple of times! My 2 are too small for jumping on "fur"niture & Kitzel has partial lameness in his back legs so I am no help at all, but thank you for the visual!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,966 Posts
Lucky could jump pretty high. Both he and Lucky enjoy being high up, like on the back of the sofa.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then she must think she’s a cat now LOL!! If that’s so, if only I could litter train her then! I actually saw a YouTube video of a Maltese puppy being litter box trained and it looked like s/he was catching on. Here is a pic of her exploring while I was cleaning and moving some of the furniture back. She’s looking around as if to say “WTH happened here?!” Hahaha!!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is so great! Sugarplum is so comfortable now she is doing normal silly dog stuff! Bardie gets on the coffee table sometimes when he knows hubby has had a bowl of cereal earlier. He also likes to perch on the back of the couch behind my head when I'm sitting there.
So happy with your success story with Sugarplum! 💕

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,966 Posts
Then she must think she’s a cat now LOL!! If that’s so, if only I could litter train her then! I actually saw a YouTube video of a Maltese puppy being litter box trained and it looked like s/he was catching on. Here is a pic of her exploring while I was cleaning and moving some of the furniture back. She’s looking around as if to say “WTH happened here?!” Hahaha!!
Casper has that same look sizing up the jump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts