Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats soo funny because just yesterday, at work, we were talking about how every country has a dish(like food) and canada doesnt have one. like america has apple pie, mexico has burritos and tacos...etc.

and i was like "well, they have a food or something, isnt it like ham" and my co-worker started laughing and was like "you're thinking of canadian bacon". and everyone laughed at me...i forget why it was so funny.

anyway! so tell us a-boot yourself! :D

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i've been to Canada, does that count for something

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi: I'm from Canada too. I saw your post the other day and was curious about you. I live north-east of Oshawa, so I'm a bit more than one hour away from you. I'm sure Canada has some great Maltese breeders, but I got mine from Nebraska and she's perfect! We have great Canadian bacon and cheese and also maple syrup, to name a few foods.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now come on, don't you know that in Canada our dish is "Beavertails!" Ha ha .

I would tell you "aboot" myself if I talked like a Canadian but I have a South African accent as that is where I am originally from. Been in Canada for 8 years and I am a canadian citizen.

I'm glad to see there is at least one other person from Canada here. I wish there were more. That playgroup idea is cool. My friend has a pug and they do "pug-a-lugs once a month. It's a big group of pug owners and they all get together. It's hysterical!

I think a big group of maltese would be awesome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by Gizmosmom@Oct 27 2004, 12:01 PM
Phoebesmom, your baby looks just like my Gizmo!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13474
[/QUOTE]

Hi Gizmosmom: Yes, the pups do look alike. Where did you get Gizmo from? I've never owned a Maltese before but I did have a terri-poo for almost 14 years. I have almost always had large dogs like German Shepherds, Great Pyrenees, a Doberman and Belgian Tervuren but I think my Maltese girl is very special and very sweet. I find her more needing of attention than most of the other dogs I've owned. Phoebe has to be everywhere I am even if she's busy doing other things like chewing on her greenie or playing with her toys. If I leave the room, she grabs whatever she's dealing with and runs after me. It's so funny.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Oct 27 2004, 09:02 PM
We live in British Columbia, formerly from the east, and places inbetween.

Phoebesmom, a very close friend of mine lives in Uxbridge, we have been their quite a number of times to visit her and her family.  I know that is going in the other direction from Oshawa, northwest.

hmm what foods do we have....poutine, for those that are not familar with poutine...it is french fries douced in gravy and grated cheese - no fat or calories at all LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13556
[/QUOTE]

Hi MomtwoMaltmuffins: I don't really live in Oshawa. I live outside a village called Pontypool, which is about 20 minutes southeast of Port Perry, which is the neighbouring town to the east of Uxbridge. My husband is in real estate in Port Perry and Uxbridge and elsewhere. Small world, isn't it? I used to live just to the east of Uxbridge in a village called Epsom. Your friends would definitely know it. We went on a motor home trip in September down east to the Gaspe' area and P.E.I. Beautiful country! What inbetween places did you live in?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Phoebesmom+Oct 28 2004, 12:17 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gizmosmom
@Oct 27 2004, 12:01 PM
Phoebesmom, your baby looks just like my Gizmo!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13474
Hi Gizmosmom: Yes, the pups do look alike. Where did you get Gizmo from? I've never owned a Maltese before but I did have a terri-poo for almost 14 years. I have almost always had large dogs like German Shepherds, Great Pyrenees, a Doberman and Belgian Tervuren but I think my Maltese girl is very special and very sweet. I find her more needing of attention than most of the other dogs I've owned. Phoebe has to be everywhere I am even if she's busy doing other things like chewing on her greenie or playing with her toys. If I leave the room, she grabs whatever she's dealing with and runs after me. It's so funny.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13586
[/B][/QUOTE]

Phoebesmom, I got Gizmo from a petstore (I know, bad me but I had to get him out of there and I wasn't actually planning on buying). Gizmo is my Second maltese. My benji is still alive (16 yrs old) but lives with my mom. I also used to have a pyrenees. They are gorgeous. Unfortunately Benji tried to take the pyrenees's bone when he was a pup and got bit. He is blind in one eye because of it. I also try to take Gizmo everywhere with me. Friends get upset with me when I don't bring him with me for a visit! Maltese are definitely attention junkies. If I am just watching tv Gizmo will keep whining until I pay him attention.

I love him to bits!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Oct 27 2004, 09:02 PM
We live in British Columbia, formerly from the east, and places inbetween.

Phoebesmom, a very close friend of mine lives in Uxbridge, we have been their quite a number of times to visit her and her family.  I know that is going in the other direction from Oshawa, northwest.

hmm what foods do we have....poutine, for those that are not familar with poutine...it is french fries douced in gravy and grated cheese - no fat or calories at all LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13556
[/QUOTE]

HMMMM... poutine *drool*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Oct 28 2004, 10:19 PM
Phoebesmom, yes it is a small word indeed. 

Have been to Port Perry a few times when I have visited my friend in Uxbridge.  Love all the shops at PP.  Actually I love all the small Ontario towns so much character.  I missed going back there this summer.

While living back east in Montreal I spent the first 13 years of my life every summer in PEI - it was great looking back at it now

Lets see where do I begin, born in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, grew up in Montreal, then moved to Vancouver, BC where I met my husband who is also from Nova Scotia then we moved to Alberta for 7 years then back to British Columbia, we are now in Kamloops, BC - and loving it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=13800
[/QUOTE]

You have moved around a lot! What an great experience to have lived in the east and the west parts of Canada. I've also been to Vancouver, BC and to Red River, Alberta for visits. Beautiful out west!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts