Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

does anybody subscribe those maltese magazines?

im really really really crazy about maltese (im sure everybody is !!! heehee)

but i went to petsmart yesterday and i just flipped thru the maltese magazine that was on the magazine stand..i never looked at one before but i was very tempted to buy one..

(my petsmart didnt have a makeover!!!
they dont even have bows or clips for small dogs
)

anywayz..i bought motherhubbards doggy treats and a mouth leash..my trainer recommended me to buy the mouth leash coz its much better than a leash that attaches onto the neck..doesnt choke her neck..

anywayz..

so back to the question,
does anybody subscribe to the maltese magazine??

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Are you talking about the Dog Fancy Popular Breed Series? If so, I have that one and really like it. I'm waiting for the next issue to come out. I have the one that has a purple cover. I got that back in March and haven't seen a new one yet. I think it only comes out maybe once a year.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I think it was out before that. Not sure if it was a one time issue or if it comes out yearly. I asked at PetSmart and they couldn't tell me when the new issue will come out.

I just sent an email to the editor of Dog Fancy, which is the magazine that puts out the Popular Dogs Series. Hopefully they will be able to tell me. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you so much !!!!!
i think i'll be buying it the next time i go to petsmart...

i just tried putting on the mouth leash, and jongee isnt liking it.. -_-

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes !!!

that's it !!

i bought size 0 but the strape where it goes around the back of the neck is very big...even if i adjust it it wont get any smaller.. <_<

·
Registered
447 Posts
You also could try a Harness instead

I went to Petco (I love petsmart, my bf only shops at petco) and they had a pink harness and leash set that was TOO CUTE! I got it for like 13 bucks for both and Brit didn't put up any fuss when I finally got it on her.

She has never been on a leash before, so you might try that. There is no pressure on the neck for this either. I bought the size that was for cats and kittens. Brit is 3 pounds.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I tried the gentle leader on Lexi when she was about 6 months old. She didn't really like it. Before that she used a harness but she was pulling on the leash when we were outside. I decided to try a collar and she is SO much better now. I still use the harness if she is going to be tied up outside but if we are just going for a walk I use the collar.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i really really dislike the gentle leader and halti. a lot of trainers dont know how to use it right and you can cause permanant damage to your babies neck. try a harness...and just practice a lot more.
trust me, your dog will appreciate that more.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I finally got a response from Dog Fancy about the Maltese Popular Dog Series:

Thank you for your interest in Maltese magazine. As part of the Popular Dogs Series, Maltese magazine is only published one time. Each new issue of the Popular Dogs Series is a new breed, or a new health or training topic.[/B]

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Lexi's mom !!!
i did go to petsmart again yetserday and was tempted to buy it....but ...maybe next time..hehe

i went to petsmart and bought a harness instead !!!
i havent walked jongee yet with it but SHE HATED THE GENTLE LEADER outside !!!
she started swiggling and turning and twisting when she had it on and she eventually took it off her nose..so i'll be trying the harness outside in a few days..

she pulls a lot on the collar and i dont want to hurt her neck..

and while i was there i bought one of those cats toys..that looks like a fishing rod and has a feather on the end..jongee loves playing with my roommate's cat's toy but i never let her play with it coz its not hers..so i bought one for her yesterday and cut off the feather part coz she bites and eats it (and can choke on it) and im gonna put on another toy of hers thats safe for her...i hope she loves it...maybe you guys could try it too coz they will love to chase the little toy around (and u dont have to keep throwing the toy and play fetch) :lol:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I always buy the girls cat toys, specially the ones that bounce. and the balls with the bell inside. Maya loves to chase the cat balls.

Mee, I dont think your baby will have problems with the harness. I bought the girls a harness ruffle vest form dinkydawg.com they look sooo cute, it looks like a dress. As soon they see me holding the harness Maya sits and stay still so I can put it on, Daezie just wants to take it away from me :wacko: but they know is time to leave

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Lani@Oct 15 2004, 10:06 PM
mee,

Check out www.bellaparis.com They have many to choose from.
I got pink harness for Princess from her. I'm thinking about getting thier lucy bag.
Hope this will work out for you.

Lani
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=12084
[/QUOTE]

its such a cute page !!
than k you !! :D i added it to my favorites

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is also a very good magazine whole dog journal they talk about everything from medicene to behavior issues, food, best interactive toy for dogs etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts