Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my breeder told me that she has never had this happen in her puppies before. She said that the hair may grow back, but he does have very little hair near his nose and the top of his head. Which is weird since a lot of her Maltese dogs have won awards before for their coat. Has anyone had this before? Any recommendations on what to do? Read something about Omega 3, but definitely don't want to do anything without talking to a vet.

He is 12 weeks old by the way, and his sisters had a lot of hair.

The breeder is from the AMA and is also the top breeder here in my state, so I don't see a reason as to why she would give a me a mix or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry he is cute but definitely not a pure bred maltese. They do not have ears like that, they also are much rounder and not triangular in appearance, the nose is too pointy. Are you sure the breeder is an AMA breeder. Did she give you a limited registration? You mentioned you saw the mother. Take a look at the registration for the father listed on your limited registration.

Dogs win awards for conformation, how close they confirm to breed standards, they do not win awards for coats, per se. Something is not right.
Yea, on the maltese breeder website my breeder is on there with the name, phone, and kennel correctly spelled. It is in the south/mid Atlantic. I have included a redacted form of the contract, with the names and numbers removed. I should be able to get a refund, correct? I have the AKC papers with the names of the sir and dame, and what is limited registration, but yes I do I have that.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The poor puppy is in the middle of all this; I don't know what to say. Maybe a DNA test will answer the question.
Yea I mean we will keep it, but one person said that it happened to them, and that after doing a dna test they got in contact with their breeder and got the money back plus got to keep the puppy. So hopefully the same thing happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts