Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 3 months old akc maltese and when she was brought home her hair was stained with a yellowish color, aparently the breeder didn't pay much attention to hair care. Since then I have been trying and trying to whiten her hair with different products. The new hair close to the skin is pure white but the ends are bothering me a lot. I've thought about taking her for a trim, but everyone in my house is against this. Is there any alternative to the trim I could try? I'm desperate. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi there

Well you could try getting a good white shampoo and giving her a really good wash, you can also get conditioners now just for white dogs.

I dont know where the yellowish stains are, but could it just be the dogs markings? You know, white with 'light lemon or tan marks''
Bella has very light tan marks on one of her ears.
I spent weeks when i first got her trying to wash it off thinking it was dirt! :lol:

As she got older though its not as noticable, but will always be there.
Or could it just be where your pup is doing the toilet? Bellas back legs aways used to be a little stained when until she was around 4 months old

Anyway, hope you find a cure for your yellowish marks :D

Bellas Mummy & Bella

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, sounds to me that it is pee staining, if its more of a yellow colouring and especially when you say the breeder did not care for the pups much.

I agree a good whitening shampoo and conditioner may work but if you have her trimed it will always grow back.

:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pet Silk Whitening Shampoo & Conditioner if it is anything other than your babies natural coloring, just be careful with Whitening Shampoos and don't use them all of the time as they tend to be a little drier on the hair use a Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner in between uses. I highly recomend the Pet Silk line, you will love it and wont' regret buying/using theri products

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
is this just in one area or all over? some malts will have a creamish color to them in certain spots that should eventually grow out

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki has some cream on his ears and along his back. I had hoped it would grow out, but it looks like it is his natural coloring. (I think it adds to is cuteness!
)

His cream coloring though, is not growing out white near the skin as mentioned in the original post. The yellow color could be due to urine, food or another product discoloring the hair. Whitening shampoo may help, but it is possible that you will have to wait until it grows out and trim it. As the puppy fur grows out the texture and color can change quite a bit so eventually you will need to do some trimming.

Judi

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I first went to see Mia at the breeders, I noticed that she had a tiny spot of ivory on the top of her head. She now has some on her ears, but its very minimal. I dont know if she'll grow out of it, but like Tikis mom said, it also adds to her cuteness.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.
I started using the Pet Silk and worked great.
Minnie looks beautiful now. Everyone was surprised on how much difference the products made.
Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts