Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing around the Internet including my breeder's site. I find reading guestbook entries quite interesting. So many posts say that they are extremely interested in buying a Maltese puppy. They then continue and ask the breeder to please call them. Hello?? If someone is truly interested in owning one of our little people, don't you think they should at least put in some effort themselves? Show initiative? I called all over the country and back again until I found Colette. Just my ramblings and idle thoughts...
Colette'sMom

·
Registered
382 Posts
I did lots of reasearch in locating my little one too. Went to dog shows, contacted breeder, show people. handlers etc to get leads on good breeders. I think many people don't know where to began to look for a pup. Took me years to figure out how to do a search for a pup. If the people visiting the guest book would come on over and post we might could help steer them in the direction they need to go.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luv,
I don't think the answer is for the people who sign guestbooks to come over to us.......that would certainly be nice though.
These people are alreay finding breeder sites, but they seem too lazy to do the legwork themselves. They appear content to leave phone numbers as though good breeders are "ambulance chasers". When I've wanted something badly enough, I would move heaven and Earth. No breeder ever called me up begging me to take their little female puppy off their hands. :lol:
Colette'sMom aka Gail

·
Registered
382 Posts
Originally posted by Colette'sMom@Sep 8 2003, 11:30 PM
Luv,
I don't think the answer is for the people who sign guestbooks to come over to us.......that would certainly be nice though.
These people are alreay finding breeder sites, but they seem too lazy to do the legwork themselves. They appear content to leave phone numbers as though good breeders are "ambulance chasers". When I've wanted something badly enough, I would move heaven and Earth. No breeder ever called me up begging me to take their little female puppy off their hands. :lol:
Colette'sMom aka Gail
Just inviting them to hang around and not just sign the guest book and leave. I know I visited boards, read post and asked lots of qustions to educate myself on the breed a good year or so before I bought my little one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts