Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 8 2005, 08:22 PM
omg.. too graphic for me... 

I think i'm going to stick to boy dogs... lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70696
[/QUOTE]

Weren't you thinking of becoming a vet or am I getting you mixed up with someone else???

EDIT: I re-read this and if it was you, I don't mean this as an insult or anything... I was just thinking if you become a vet, this is the type of thing you'd see lots of!! Sometimes it is so hard to communicate in writing!!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Jun 8 2005, 08:51 PM
Awww, babies.

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70742
[/QUOTE]

This lady did a great job of recording the many situations a mom and her pups can be in during the delivery. I hope after you see these pictures you will stop and give thanks for that mother dog and her breeder who put her through this. Although I love the puppy experience it scares the heck out of me knowing one of my girls is going thorugh this. And before you say you could never do this to one of your dogs, if someone didn't then you wouldn't have yours.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Wow...that was GREAT! Graphic, but great!

I was fine until they said they let the mom eat a placenta or two....
That kinda turned my stomach...

But the rest was beautiful in a very special way...

BTW: Those momma dogs are beautiful maltese...IMO...

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That was great to see. I think it should be viewed by anyone who isn't well prepared to breed and deliver pups before thinking only of the cute sweet babies.
I thoroughly enjoyed it in an educational way - meaning I think I thought of the whole process as much less complex. A lot can happen and you need to know what you are doing. Thanks for making it available to us. It was awesome to watch and makes me even more appreciative of this special gift from God.

Jackie

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jun 8 2005, 08:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Jun 8 2005, 08:22 PM
omg.. too graphic for me... 

I think i'm going to stick to boy dogs... lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70696

Weren't you thinking of becoming a vet or am I getting you mixed up with someone else???

EDIT: I re-read this and if it was you, I don't mean this as an insult or anything... I was just thinking if you become a vet, this is the type of thing you'd see lots of!! Sometimes it is so hard to communicate in writing!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70698
[/B][/QUOTE]
yeah it was me... i was kidding.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
oh wow thanks for posting that was amazing. I would love to see it in person.

Bringing life into the world is just a special gift and such an amazing site. I had the honor of being present when one of my nieces was born and it is an experience I will never forget. It was truely amazing. I have both my sons births on tape and get overwhelmed each time I watch them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Enjoyed the cite also. 20 + years ago my Weimaraner sired a litter of 11. I was there through the entire birthing process. Quite something to see. I usually am squeamish, but this did not bother me at all.

Sharon

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Looking at those photos it made me think back when our dachshund gave birth to 7 babies. I didn't do anything but watch and keep her comfortable. The mother dog did everything, cleaning up the pups and cutting the ombilical cord.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jun 9 2005, 06:12 PM
Looking at those photos it made me think back when our dachshund gave birth to 7 babies. I didn't do anything but watch and keep her comfortable. The mother dog did everything, cleaning up the pups and cutting the ombilical cord.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71049
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, wonder what it is with Malts... are they lazy moms??

Am I reading right that the mother cut the umblical cord herself?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts