If I had no problem when I came in,
I surely have one now.
If there had been a cyst in there,
It would have gone "ker-pow!"
This machine was created by a man,
Of this, I have no doubt.
I'd like to stick his balls in there,
And, see how THEY come out!

OK gals, now that you have had your laugh, remember...Breast Cancer Awareness... Go have those boobs checked out and stay healthy! Pass the message on to your mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, cousins, friends, --- and even your enemies. Because the WORST enemy is Breast Cancer

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Jul 26 2005, 02:27 PM
This machine was created by a man,
Of this, I have no doubt.
I'd like to stick his balls in there,
And, see how THEY come out!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84698
[/QUOTE]

I have seen this before and think the LAST part is definetely the BEST!

Thanks for sharing....I go "there" tomorrow...(JOY!)
But I don't think it is time for me to do that yet...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I heard they are starting to do mammograms by ultrasounds instead of the squishing machine, anyone had it that way? My doc wants me to start when I am 35, just 5 years away. I hope there is definately another way by then!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I've been having them every year for many years and I don't think they are that bad at all. The squishing is just for a second. The whole thing is over with in about 5 minutes or so..... The "squishing thing" moves up automatically just as soon as the button is pressed by the technician behind the screen. She doesn't even have to come out... it pops up right away. There are a lot of things a lot more painful, IMHO.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just got a reminder to get one next month. It's extremely painful for me as I have cysts, and my breasts are really dense, they are sore most of the time.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm due for mine...I get one every two years since I turned 40. The last one didn't hurt at all. In fact, the technician said that they shouldn't hurt now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, all I can say is if I never have to get one done again in my entire life it will be totally fine with me.

I have been gone thru a lot and I mean a lot of medical tests incluiding 3 surgeries and nothing nothing compares to the pain that I have when I get it done,
well maybe it goes hand and hand to the removal of staples after my last surgery (withoyt anesthesia of course). :new_Eyecrazy:

I got the mammogram done in January and I am still sore from it, they better found a new way to do it without pain or they will need to sedate me next time.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by SNOWY@Jul 27 2005, 11:32 AM
I got the mammogram done in January and I am still sore from it, they better found a new way to do it without pain or they will need to sedate me next time.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84961
[/QUOTE]

If you are still sore after 7 months of getting a mammogram, something is wrong with the way they did it. This is not the norm.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I talked to my Dr about it, he said we are going to look into that later, right now still got some medical issues that are not clear yet. So hopefully I dont have to go to another one any time in the future, and I dont mean near future like 20 or 30 years for now
.... I know, I know...... just kidding...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I was overdue and had my mammogram today. I don't find them to be that bad, but I hate worrying until I find out if everything was OK. I went to a new Radiology group and after they do the mammo the doctor reads it right then and they come and tell you if everything is OK. I LOVE finding out right then. I was fine, btw. whew! Anyway, do you find out on the spot, or have to wait?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Originally posted by Bridge@Jul 27 2005, 08:51 AM
I just got a reminder to get one next month.  It's extremely painful for me as I have cysts, and my breasts are really dense, they are sore most of the time. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84899
[/QUOTE]

Pre-menopause, I had the same problem and just dreaded, absolutely dreaded, my mammograms. They weren't just uncomfortable......they were excruciatingly painful!

But then I remembered my mom's 9 year fight with breast cancer and how the surgeons carved on her body over the years until she looked like a week old Thanksgiving turkey and how she told me she let them try experimental procedures on her to help them learn something that would someday keep me and my daughters from going through the same torture.

She died at age 52. 52! And lived to see one grandchild, my firstborn daughter, 3 months before she passed away.

So, in memory of my mother and others like her who went before and endured far worse than a painful "squishing" once a year.............GO GET YOUR MAMMO!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent+Aug 26 2005, 11:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bridge
@Jul 27 2005, 08:51 AM
I just got a reminder to get one next month.  It's extremely painful for me as I have cysts, and my breasts are really dense, they are sore most of the time. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84899

Pre-menopause, I had the same problem and just dreaded, absolutely dreaded, my mammograms. They weren't just uncomfortable......they were excruciatingly painful!

But then I remembered my mom's 9 year fight with breast cancer and how the surgeons carved on her body over the years until she looked like a week old Thanksgiving turkey and how she told me she let them try experimental procedures on her to help them learn something that would someday keep me and my daughters from going through the same torture.

She died at age 52. 52! And lived to see one grandchild, my firstborn daughter, 3 months before she passed away.

So, in memory of my mother and others like her who went before and endured far worse than a painful "squishing" once a year.............GO GET YOUR MAMMO!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=94190
[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, Pamela, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's death from breast cancer. And at such a young age.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I was an X-Ray and did mammos years ago. I was gentle with the patients and never seemed to hurt anyone. I'm not a tech. anymore since having the girls. Let me tell ya, years later I had my one and only mammo, the girl really hurt me. It was a pretty bad experience but having a mammo shouldn't be such a bad experience.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts