Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smcry:I always brush my girls teeth every morning, my daughter came to visit last weekend and all I had time to do was brush their hair and fix Matilda's topknot, yesterday we had eye appointments so I didn't brush their teeth:blush: This morning I was grooming Matilda and started brushing her teeth when I noticed the front tooth on the right side was very crooked, I touched it, it's very loose:bysmilie: I'm just sick about this, I am making a vet appointment this afternoon, I hope she won't have other dental issues, I hope they can get her in. I take her to the vet, they said she has strong teeth and no gum issues, the vet said she didn't need a dental last year. I feel sick about this:smcry:my baby, she's only 5.:smcry: She's always chewing on bully's or chewy's should I take them away, what about her ball, she sleeps with it in her mouth could that have caused this?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Oh no!!!! Hopefully the gum will tighten up and she won't lose the tooth... Maybe just to be sure, you should take her balls/bones away at bedtime? Although I don't see why that would have made it loose (so just maybe til the vet sees it/gives you further info)... (((((Hugs)))))

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Paula - I'm so sorry about this. Hope all goes well at the vet. Let us know what he thinks could have caused this. I'm hope Matilda will be okay. :wub:

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
grrr we have a appointment on Monday at 1:00, I just picked up all the chewy's, :w00t: I don't know if I should take her ball away until after the vet see's her:blink: what do you think

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Paula, I'm so sorry and I feel your pain. I use the Petzlife spray for the girls and while I was in Gulfport I was using it and noticed Zoey had some front teeth missing! :w00t: I was so upset and took her to the vet. He ask me if I gave her anything to chew on and I was giving them flossies. Zoey is my chewer and she really goes after those flossies. I could only let them have the flossies for about 30 to 45 minutes at a time because Zoey would eat the whole thing if I let her keep it any longer. She would pull a lot on them trying to break pieces off so the vet said he thinks she was pulling so hard that she pulled her teeth out. I haven't given them a flossy since then. It makes me sick to think about her having those missing teeth. I hope you find out what happened to Matilda's tooth and she doesn't lose anymore. Let us know what your vet says.
Hugs!

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paula, I'm so sorry and I feel your pain. I use the Petzlife spray for the girls and while I was in Gulfport I was using it and noticed Zoey had some front teeth missing! :w00t: I was so upset and took her to the vet. He ask me if I gave her anything to chew on and I was giving them flossies. Zoey is my chewer and she really goes after those flossies. I could only let them have the flossies for about 30 to 45 minutes at a time because Zoey would eat the whole thing if I let her keep it any longer. She would pull a lot on them trying to break pieces off so the vet said he thinks she was pulling so hard that she pulled her teeth out. I haven't given them a flossy since then. It makes me sick to think about her having those missing teeth. I hope you find out what happened to Matilda's tooth and she doesn't lose anymore. Let us know what your vet says.
Hugs!

how old is Zoey? Matilda chews on the flossies daily, eariler in the day I picked them up and have them put away, I am thinking it is the flossie that has caused this:w00t: so why don't they warn us, I, thought they were good for cleaning teeth:huh: I'm just sick about this,:smcry:she doesn't seem to have any pain
what is Zoey chewing on now?

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Paula, that's about the same thing that happened to Boo. One of his tiny front teeth was suddenly just hanging loosely. I called the vet,it was late on a Sat. evening,so it was in fact an ER visit. Nothing he could do but deaden Boos gum & pull it the rest of the way out.I was really upset at the time, but the vet said it was no big deal & it happens. Boo chewed on bullysticks much the same way as Janes Zoey & he'd pull on it with his front teeth. I quit buying them,he now only gets the C.E.T chews. He wasn't even 6 yrs old yet when he lost that tooth. But you know, it's only noticable when I brush his teeth & it's had no effect on Boo at all.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
I have a vets appointment Monday, the tooth is very loose:smcry:
Sorry Paula - i thought it was today but probably you wrote that you were trying the vet today. I took away the flossies a couple of months ago. I worried too much about Tyler choking on the stringy stuff. I kept watching him with it and became more of a worry than anything. He doesn't seem to miss them and chews on some treats instead. And I brush every day. Good luck and this kind of thing can happen. I'm sure you're way more upset than Matilda who's probably unaware.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
i'm so sorry to hear about Matilda's loose tooth, hopefully it isn't causing her any pain. let us know what the vet says on Monday.:grouphug::grouphug:
Whe i took Riley to the vet for his rabies vaccine in June the vet said that his small bottom teeth are loose and they'll just fall out on their own. He went in April for a dental i thought they would have noticed that he teeth were loose and he hardly chews on anything.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts