Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't take this! They are like cotton balls hanging on! I've brushed and combed and me and poor girl are miserable,LOL She sees me with the brush and comb and she is like 'oh no, not again! Her feet /legs and bum are the problem areas. I can pretty much brush and comb out the rest. She really needs a bum cut! I think it's time for a trip to the groomers to get her straightened out.

I just couldn't hold out anymore. I gave her a bath a little bit ago. She has healed real up and her stitches come out this afternoon. I wish I wasn't chicken poo and I would cut them out myself. But after the incident the other day, I'm not touching her with scissors!:unsure:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Guess I missed what happened with the scissors, I can only imagine. Rocky gets those cotton matts too. I snip into them a little bit and pull them apart. He gets them behind his ears and behind his front legs. I get so frustrated. I'm going out today looking for a harness and some new conditioner. Any suggestions here would be great.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Lucy just returned from the vets - stitch free, but she has to wait until Wednesday for her bubble bath. :blush:

The vet said that she healed well, I agree. She does have scabs that are almost off - hence, the waiting for the bath.

I have taken a wash cloth with a little pure paws diluted everyday and gone over her body and I use face wash (Spa Lavish) for her face.

I have been very lucky - no mats, it happens so easily - Barron's hair is very difficult to maintain.

Don't fret about it Laura - the groomer will have her done in no time -

~Allie

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
bella gets these too, esp around her ears - which are a nightmare. I once (only a bit) cut her ear getting one of them out! I wasnt even using scissors or anything so god only knows how it happened!! I hate doing them now though after that, it was awful (though i should say that bella didnt even notice) but find that a kids anti tangle spray helps quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts