Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my little man Brodie will be one year old next month and he is now getting Mat's in his hair. I use Cowboy Magic after ever bath and it really helps but it seems like he has another coat of hair under the longer hair and thats what is matting. Could it be he is getting his adult coat now and that is what is happing? I brush and comb him daily, well atleast every other day. and I am pulling out wads of hair. I could use your input,
Thanks

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Spookie is 14 months old now, and I have noticed a bit of difference in her coat. The longer it gets the more mats. Also, if she is dressed, she mats more. The closer to bath day, more mats.

I got the Walmart brand detangler spray, if I let it sit on the mat a min it does work out pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
To demat so that you aren't loosing gobs of hair is to start at the end of mat away from the body and work it out as you get closer to the skin. I use this dematter, it is expensive but you don't use much of it. I have many dogs to groom and 1 bottle lasted me over a year.
H270 2 Phase Equalizer : Iv San Bernard (USA & Canada), Fine Italian Pet Grooming Products and Equipment

He may be changing out coat. They can do that it seems a lot. Use a good shampoo and a light conditioner and rinse it all out.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Try thinning scissors on the matted part or you can try splitting the matt in half.
It's defenitly probably a coat change

1 - 4 of 4 Posts