Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just checking in on you Kathleen. I can't get you off my mind.
Hi Kathy. Thank you so much for checking. To be honest, it is really hard. I still can’t believe he is gone. It doesn’t seem real yet. I know it just takes lots of time. Thank you for thinking of us.

·
Registered
Kathy & Pipper
6,050 Posts
Hi Kathy. Thank you so much for checking. To be honest, it is really hard. I still can’t believe he is gone. It doesn’t seem real yet. I know it just takes lots of time. Thank you for thinking of us.
Sending you hugs 😢

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I unfortunately know how difficult it is losing a fur baby. Sending you prayers and virtual hugs.

·
Premium Member
24,027 Posts
Kathleen - I haven't been on SM in ages. Am so busy with rescue that I don't get the chance to stop by like I used to but I "stopped by" tonight. And now I cried reading through your posts. What sad news to read about Max. You just never know and it reminds us to not waste a minute of loving those we care about, whether two or four-legged. You did what was best for Max. Fighting for breath is something no one wants to go through and you saved her from suffering. You were there for him to let him go peacefully, so no regrets. I remember hearing "It's better to let them go a minute to early than a minute too late." I know that's true when my cousin's dog died. She just couldn't let him go and he came to a frightening end. So as hard as it is, I know we have to make the best decision for them, not us. They live for the moment and don't realize how long life could be. Max just knew he had a perfect life in your family. Sending you and your husband virtual healing hugs. <3

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Kathleen - I haven't been on SM in ages. Am so busy with rescue that I don't get the chance to stop by like I used to but I "stopped by" tonight. And now I cried reading through your posts. What sad news to read about Max. You just never know and it reminds us to not waste a minute of loving those we care about, whether two or four-legged. You did what was best for Max. Fighting for breath is something no one wants to go through and you saved her from suffering. You were there for him to let him go peacefully, so no regrets. I remember hearing "It's better to let them go a minute to early than a minute too late." I know that's true when my cousin's dog died. She just couldn't let him go and he came to a frightening end. So as hard as it is, I know we have to make the best decision for them, not us. They live for the moment and don't realize how long life could be. Max just knew he had a perfect life in your family. Sending you and your husband virtual healing hugs. <3
Thank you so much Susan. I miss seeing your posts and hope you are doing well. Thank you for the kind words. You are right - fighting for breath is just awful.
It seems like it was just yesterday that I posted here in search of a puppy and I remember how kind and encouraging your were then. That was almost ten years ago. Time sure does fly by.

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
155 Posts
Hello Kathleen. I’m so sorry for all you are going through with Mac. I can’t imagine how difficult this is for your little babe. To be always from you must be hard on him as well. You are in our prayers.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Hi Kathleen. i wanted to checkin on you. I hope today is a bit easier for you. Sending you hugs. xx

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thank you Joann. His ashes arrived already. Still doesn't seem real. I miss him so much. Thank you for thinking of me.

Hi Kathleen. i wanted to checkin on you. I hope today is a bit easier for you. Sending you hugs. xx

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Thank you Joann. His ashes arrived already. Still doesn't seem real. I miss him so much. Thank you for thinking of me.
Awe...im sorry Kathleen. I wish there was something I could do. Was Max your oldest out of your crew?
Anyway, meant to text you over the weekend and forgot. I got busy with life, but will do that and finish catching up.
Sending more hugs. xx

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,877 Posts
Kathleen, it is so difficult when the ashes come. I hope your heart heals soon.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hi Joanne - sorry that I misspelled your name. Darn autocorrect!
Max is number two. Daisy is a few months older so they have been together since they were puppies. They were always together - playing or napping.
Henry is Max’s nephew. They look so much alike, with big round eyes, except that Max was a sturdy little guy who weighed 7 pounds and Henry is more delicate and only 4 pounds. He is six now. I also have Bunnie, who is a little Yorkie and Maltese mix from the MSPCA. She is seven. It is strange to me that they don’t seem to be looking for Max. But they are following me around.
I am looking forward to hearing about your new business! But no rush - I know how super busy you are.

Awe...im sorry Kathleen. I wish there was something I could do. Was Max your oldest out of your crew?
Anyway, meant to text you over the weekend and forgot. I got busy with life, but will do that and finish catching up.
Sending more hugs. xx

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Kathleen, it is so difficult when the ashes come. I hope your heart heals soon.
Thank you so much Walter. They sent a paw print too, but I can’t bear to look at it yet.
Thank you for your kindness. It means so much to know that others here understand.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,877 Posts
Thank you so much Walter. They sent a paw print too, but I can’t bear to look at it yet.
Thank you for your kindness. It means so much to know that others here understand.
When they returned Luck's they sent them in a mahogany box with a glass insert for his picture. I put my favorite picture of Luck in it and his paw print on top. It is just below my TV. I look at it all the time, it helps.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts